Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ginsburg Hospitalized

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    I agree, the left will be so outraged if they lose her and a conservative is appointed.

I also agree if after a certain amount of time she cannot return to the bench then she should retire. I thought the same thing about McCain. It is selfish pride to stay in the position when you cannot do the job just because there is no mechanism to remove you.
    She should have retired under Obama in like 2012 or something. Now, the Leftist will lose their favorite fantasy jurist. I am sorry she is sick, I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer in 93, it's tough. If the cancer spread, she likely doesn't have long.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    She should have retired under Obama in like 2012 or something. Now, the Leftist will lose their favorite fantasy jurist. I am sorry she is sick, I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer in 93, it's tough. If the cancer spread, she likely doesn't have long.
    I guarantee she was planning to retire under Hillary. Now she is just trying to make it to 2021
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Rocktar as he’s typing these words...

Quote Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
    Rocktar as he’s typing these words...

Nah, I don't drool. I can't say I will be upset when she leaves the court. As I said, I am sorry she is sick, that is tough.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

If she is planning to retire, she should do it this year since the Senate does not vote on Supreme Court nominees in the last year of a presidential term.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    If she is planning to retire, she should do it this year since the Senate does not vote on Supreme Court nominees in the last year of a presidential term.
    I see what you did there.

The hubris of not retiring in 2010 when the dems had a majority is going to bite her (and the party). She could have chosen to exit gracefully and now unfortunately the choice may well be taken from her. It was a really bad decision to plan to retire assuming for a 2016 Dem win.

edit: I just realized I posted basically the same thing earlier in this thread lol. Oh well I stand by it. RBG is awesome, and cancer is absolutely the worst. Sad way for anyone to go out. But she should have retired a while ago. She can't make it through 2024.
    Last edited by audioserf; 01-08-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Sounds like a great way to fire up Trump voters just in time for 2020.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

9. Default

That only applies to Democrat Presidents. McTurtle has already said he wouldn't follow his own rule on that and would allow a SCOTUS confirmation to take place for Trump if one comes up.

That only applies to Democrat Presidents. McTurtle has already said he wouldn't follow his own rule on that and would allow a SCOTUS confirmation to take place for Trump if one comes up.
    Good, that just means more meltdowns from you retards for our entertainment.

I bet you think if the roles were reversed, democrats wouldn't do the same thing, both with this and when Garland was up.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-08-2019 at 12:24 PM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.