Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Ginsburg Hospitalized

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,439
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Notorious RBG wouldn't go out like that.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  2. #12

    Default

    She has had her fair share, hell probably more than her fair share of health issues, and she is a tough ole bird to be certain but my concern is not the actual broken ribs but the health issues associated with an 85 year old hospitalized patient, pneumonia and blood clots being probably the most concerning.

    Like McCain I hate seeing people hang on to a job and neglect other aspects when they have such a limited amount of time left. To be fair for McCain though, he only neglected his Senate responsibilities in his hubris. I would hope that anyone, not just RBG, would want to spend time with family and friends over work. Like the expression goes, no one says on their deathbed, 'I wish I had spent more time at the office.'

  3. #13

    Default

    Well that sucks.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    25,229
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    I'm honestly thinking she is going to die in office rather than resign. Depending on how long she is hospitalized though, that is one less seat that'll be voting on left ideals.
    Last edited by Gelston; 11-08-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I'm honestly thinking she is going to die in office rather than resign. Depending on how long she is hospitalized though, that is one less seat that'll be voting on left ideals.
    Yup.

    She could be in a vegetative state and have to be wheeled in and out of Court and the lefties would still be in awe of her amazing decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk aka The Creepy Sponge View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Yup.

    She could be in a vegetative state and have to be wheeled in and out of Court and the lefties would still be in awe of her amazing decisions.
    And there does not appear to be a mechanism for removing someone from SCOTUS if they are in that condition, which may or may not be a good thing.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    25,229
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    And there does not appear to be a mechanism for removing someone from SCOTUS if they are in that condition, which may or may not be a good thing.
    Which is strange, since it is a life tenure.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    And there does not appear to be a mechanism for removing someone from SCOTUS if they are in that condition, which may or may not be a good thing.
    Erm there is- impeachment.

    We tend to think of it as punishment for bad behavior, but actually it includes situations where someone is unable to perform the job.
    Last edited by time4fun; 11-09-2018 at 02:13 AM.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    25,229
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Erm there is- impeachment.

    We tend to think of it as punishment for bad behavior, but actually it includes situations where someone is unable to perform the job.
    Except it is for the purpose of committing a crime while in office. You can only impeach if they have not been on "Good behavior". That is VERY specifically mentioned in the US Constitution.

    That is also why they very specifically created a method to remove the President and/or Vice President for disabilities causing them to be unable to execute their office. The didn't do it for Federal Judges. Why didn't they? No one knows.
    Last edited by Gelston; 11-09-2018 at 02:25 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Erm there is- impeachment.

    We tend to think of it as punishment for bad behavior, but actually it includes situations where someone is unable to perform the job.
    Where does it state one can be impeached because they are incapacitated?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •