Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Ginsburg Hospitalized

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Sure sure. I agree. I'm for that sort of thing in much lower offices and permissions already. I firmly believe for example you should have to re-take your driver's exam once every ten years until you're 50, once every 5 until 70, and then once every year or two after that. Some people are perfectly fine until they're 90. Some people are just a danger to others by 60.
    I agree with the drivers license retesting actually. I've seen way too many people who are infirm driving legally.
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 07-14-2020 at 10:53 PM.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    I agree with the drivers license retesting actually. I've seen way too many people who are infirm driving legally.
    I think the biggest problem on the road is not older drivers but people who are able to drive well but choose to do stupid things. For some folks, showing up somewhere five minutes earlier is worth risking their lives and the lives of other drivers.

Having said that, I think testing drivers older than 70 every few years is a good idea.

Maybe she will finally be the one on her deathbed that says, 'I wish I had spent more time at work', but whatever, work hard, save your pennies, enjoy retirement, spend time with your family and loved ones, that's my plan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Maybe she will finally be the one on her deathbed that says, 'I wish I had spent more time at work', but whatever, work hard, save your pennies, enjoy retirement, spend time with your family and loved ones, that's my plan.
    The interesting thing, what if she dies before the election? Republicans control the Senate. I guarantee Trump would try to push someone through.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The interesting thing, what if she dies before the election? Republicans control the Senate. I guarantee Trump would try to push someone through.
    Mitch McConnell has already said he will replace one, whenever it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Do you believe that the Democrats wouldn't if they had control of the Presidency and Senate?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I would like to see 12 year limits on elected officials - House and Senate. This would require much more stringent laws regarding their investments, dealing with lobbyists, etc. Not sure if 12 is the right number, but something close to it - maybe 12 for House and 18 for Senate?

Supreme Court Justices, perhaps 30 year term limits would be reasonable? This would ensure mental and physical capacities are at their peak during term of service, and give a reasonable succession plan for planning purposes.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    I would like to see 12 year limits on elected officials - House and Senate. This would require much more stringent laws regarding their investments, dealing with lobbyists, etc. Not sure if 12 is the right number, but something close to it - maybe 12 for House and 18 for Senate?

Supreme Court Justices, perhaps 30 year term limits would be reasonable? This would ensure mental and physical capacities are at their peak during term of service, and give a reasonable succession plan for planning purposes.

Thoughts?
    I'm torn on the idea of term limits.

On the one hand they make sense, get the corrupt people out of office. On the other hand some lawmakers are actually good and it sucks that they are forced out because of term limits rather than because they are shitty lawmakers.

Then you run into the problem of what happens when states impose term limits on state elected officials; once their term limit is up their spouse is "elected" but in reality it's still their spouse in charge of everything and making the decisions and deals, the spouse just shows up to vote. This shit happens a lot. They even just use the same campaign material and use the same last name and everything.

"Vote for Smith!" Except now it's John Smith instead of Jane Smith. They even use images and videos of the original lawmaker to make it seem like they are running again.

It's all corrupt bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's all corrupt bullshit.
    Kinda like a broken clock being right twice a day, if I scroll through enough of the shit you post I eventually find something I agree with.

But you're still clearly a racist. Read your stuff. It's in there.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible