Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Breaking Bad Sequel

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that the fly episode was supposed to represent some symbolic thing about Walt's current state of mind and his feeling of losing control over everything or some hipster sounding bullshit like that.

    I liked that episode regardless for the brief comedic relief if nothing else. The show as a whole is still awesome though even in 2018.
    Yeah it's cool on the whole, but I wouldn't call it spectacular, like people did back in 2008. And yeah, I'm sure the fly thing had some sort of symbolism plot-wise, but there's just no getting around the fact that when you just put two actors in one room and film an entire episode of nothing but that...it's done because they wanted more money to be able to CGI explode the boss's head with a bomb later. All the shows have them. I just think they're really hard to ignore in Breaking Bad. Maybe it's an AMC thing. The walking dead had a whole season people hated just because they wanted to save up budget dollars.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 11-08-2018 at 01:26 PM.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Yeah it's cool on the whole, but I wouldn't call it spectacular, like people did back in 2008. And yeah, I'm sure the fly thing had some sort of symbolism plot-wise, but there's just no getting around the fact that when you just put two actors in one room and film an entire episode of nothing but that...it's done because they wanted more money to be able to CGI explode the boss's head with a bomb later. All the shows have them. I just think they're really hard to ignore in Breaking Bad. Maybe it's an AMC thing. The walking dead had a whole season people hated just because they wanted to save up budget dollars.
    Yeah every show has shitty filler episodes and it sucks penis.

    And fuck Walking Dead. I should have learned by season 2 that nothing was ever going to be explained, but I kept watching anyway until I stopped giving a shit about halfway through season 8. It's the same shit over and over, just vs. a different group of people.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Yeah every show has shitty filler episodes and it sucks penis.

    And fuck Walking Dead. I should have learned by season 2 that nothing was ever going to be explained, but I kept watching anyway until I stopped giving a shit about halfway through season 8. It's the same shit over and over, just vs. a different group of people.
    I watched every now and again hoping Rick would die even though I know that wouldn't happen. I freakin' hate the character. I don't know how a show where 99.9% of the main characters have no redeeming qualties got so popular. Maybe it's because they get eaten by zombies so often. In fact, I would pay good money to watch "assholes get eaten by zombies, the TV show". Maybe I could go back to the walking dead after all.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,470
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    The fly episode was explained as being due to budget. Still an otherwise great show for the remaining 95% of the time. But it ended and I never felt a desire to see it resuscitated for a spinoff or continuation or whatever.

    Walking Dead, yeah, after 3 or 4 seasons there's no reason to keep watching. Stealth Zombies, plot black holes, cynical cliff hangers... I liked Negan at first, but it quickly became the Negan Power Hour with him chewing scenery for the entire episode and Rick just grimacing into the camera. They're on their what, 4th season with him now? At least the kid's dead.
    Last edited by Taernath; 11-08-2018 at 02:00 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    The fly episode was explained as being due to budget.
    That sounds pretty dumb, since I'm pretty sure the show was already making tons of money by that point. Maybe exploding Gus's face really was that expensive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    At least the kid's dead.


    jk, fuck CORALLLLLLLLLL
    Last edited by Methais; 11-08-2018 at 02:07 PM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  6. #16

    Default

    Did better call Saul not count as an adequate spin off already?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,470
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    That sounds pretty dumb, since I'm pretty sure the show was already making tons of money by that point. Maybe exploding Gus's face really was that expensive.
    Guess who directed it.

    Go on.

    Guess.
    .................................................. .............................................
    There is secret text here v
    Rian Johnson
    There is secret text here ^
    Last edited by Taernath; 11-08-2018 at 02:59 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Guess who directed it.

    Go on.

    Guess.
    .................................................. .............................................
    There is secret text here v
    Rian Johnson
    There is secret text here ^
    DAVID WHATLEY!?!?!?!?!? RIAN JOHNSON?!?!?!

    EDIT: Holy shit it is Rian Johnson. I thought I was just joking.

    Fuck Rian Johnson.

    Last edited by Methais; 11-08-2018 at 03:05 PM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With your mom
    Posts
    3,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I didn't actually get a chance to watch the original til it was almost a decade old I guess, but the original was only okay. Don't get me wrong. It was clearly groundbreaking for its time. I think it was the first or one of the first to do those sorts of things outside of HBO/The Sopranos/etc. On regular TV it was pretty unthinkable.

    But when you're actually watching it in today's atmosphere (I first watched it in 2017), so many shows that it broke the ground for have fine tuned it and done it better. The episodes that were good were really good, but the episodes that were bad were REALLY bad. Like the time they spent an entire episode in one set trying to kill a fly because I'm sure budgetary reasons. Or the episode where they dedicated an entire half of the show to advertising the Dodge Charger. Like straight up, montages to the dodge charger in the middle of the show. Walt and Walt Jr spent 30 seconds having an engine revving competition. I'm not big on product placement in the first place. I realize it needs to be there, but dedicating an entire plotline to it is Mac and Me.

    As far as a sequel...man..I mean..where can they go with that? I dunno. It seems like maybe they've just waited a little extra time to make Young Sheldon, but as a meth cook.
    Why can't you just say something in one sentence?

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roiken View Post
    Did better call Saul not count as an adequate spin off already?
    There was nothing adequate about that show.

    At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk aka The Creepy Sponge View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •