Thread: Breaking Bad Sequel

Default Breaking Bad Sequel

ERMAHGERDZ!!!

Really excited about this!

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...y-in-the-works

But why? It ended so well.

Blog Entries

Walt Jr. getting that character arc everyone was asking for. /s
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    But why? It ended so well.
    I was kind of disappointed with the ending. As I was watching the show I kept thinking "It's almost like they don't plan out the show at all but rather just move from one episode to the next without any idea how they are going to connect episodes" and one of the writers even said something as much.

Like the first episode of the last season (or one before the last?) where they show what happens in the future and Walt goes home and a bunch of teens are skateboarding in his empty pool because the house had been abandoned and he gets that pill from behind a wall socket. You think this is going to be a major payoff in the future or something and yet it seems like they just shoehorn in the house abandonment and the usage of the pill at the very end on some woman who was barely in the show.

They also kill off Jesse's girlfriend and we never hear about her child, again it's as if they had to shoehorn some story line in there and didn't know what to do with it afterward.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 11-07-2018 at 11:55 PM.

Blog Entries

This show is stupid and everyone that likes it sucks.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Silence!!!11one evil naysayers

I keel u

Blog Entries

See the violence fanboys of this show put out? Already a death threat!
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    See the violence fanboys of this show put out? Already a death threat!
    DEATH THREATS!?!?!?!?!?

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

9. Default

I didn't actually get a chance to watch the original til it was almost a decade old I guess, but the original was only okay. Don't get me wrong. It was clearly groundbreaking for its time. I think it was the first or one of the first to do those sorts of things outside of HBO/The Sopranos/etc. On regular TV it was pretty unthinkable.

But when you're actually watching it in today's atmosphere (I first watched it in 2017), so many shows that it broke the ground for have fine tuned it and done it better. The episodes that were good were really good, but the episodes that were bad were REALLY bad. Like the time they spent an entire episode in one set trying to kill a fly because I'm sure budgetary reasons. Or the episode where they dedicated an entire half of the show to advertising the Dodge Charger. Like straight up, montages to the dodge charger in the middle of the show. Walt and Walt Jr spent 30 seconds having an engine revving competition. I'm not big on product placement in the first place. I realize it needs to be there, but dedicating an entire plotline to it is Mac and Me.

As far as a sequel...man..I mean..where can they go with that? I dunno. It seems like maybe they've just waited a little extra time to make Young Sheldon, but as a meth cook.

I remember reading somewhere that the fly episode was supposed to represent some symbolic thing about Walt's current state of mind and his feeling of losing control over everything or some hipster sounding bullshit like that.

I liked that episode regardless for the brief comedic relief if nothing else. The show as a whole is still awesome though even in 2018.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-08-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible