Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Midterm Election Results

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I would laugh at you for doing this.. but waaaay back in the day when I first started I tried to use white lined paper.
    I know a guy that used wax paper.

Let it sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    I'm sure you can fill in those blanks yourself.
    Oh gosh gee golly, thanks for clearing that one up!

This is a straw-man fallacy. I think Trump is almost certainly corrupt, but I said that the House will need to carefully establish the evidence and make a case for it. Then, I outlined what I see as the likely outcome of that scenario.
    So you don't have any specific crime you think Trump committed but you know he's guilty of something and thus you think the Democrats in the House will pursue a good faith investigation into his alleged crimes that you don't know exist? Gee willikers that doesn't sound right.

I never said anything about Ellison
    I know that, Mr. Fox, that's why I asked why you care so much about holding our elected officials accountable yet seem to have no problem with Ellison.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post

So you don't have any specific crime you think Trump committed but you know he's guilty of something and thus you think the Democrats in the House will pursue a good faith investigation into his alleged crimes that you don't know exist? Gee willikers that doesn't sound right.
    Have you been asleep the past 2 years?

What I *suspect* is an opportunistic collusion with the Russians, a clear violation of the emoluments clause, obstruction of justice, and a variety of related corruption charges. I hope that the House investigates those avenues thoroughly.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

What I *suspect* is an opportunistic collusion with the Russians, a clear violation of the emoluments clause, obstruction of justice, and a variety of related corruption charges. I hope that the House investigates those avenues thoroughly.
    Isn't Mueller investigating the supposed Russian collusion? Do we really need a House investigation to, ahem, "investigate" that as well? Almost as if the House is just going to do pointless investigations until they "find" something.

Isn't Mueller investigating the supposed Russian collusion? Do we really need a House investigation to, ahem, "investigate" that as well? Almost as if the House is just going to do pointless investigations until they "find" something.
    The House will likely leave it to Mueller unless Trump terminates him or interferes with his process, as he's setting up to do after having fired Sessions. In that case, the House will likely hire and appoint Mueller under its aegis. If Trump doesn't have anything to hide, he shouldn't be afraid of the investigation.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Can someone just explain exactly what they are basing the supposed Russian collusion on? There has been nothing on this so far. Trump farts and it gets leaked but a massive corruption charge like rigging an election has been kept under wraps all this time?

Emoluments violation is bullshit.

Obstruction of justice for what exactly?

With all of these supposed crimes it's a wonder Mueller hasn't indicted Trump and his entire administration yet. What exactly is he waiting for? 2024?

You know, I used to buy your facade of reasonableness, but it's a thin, thin veneer. I have no interest in engaging with you until you demonstrate a higher regard for reason.
    Youíre a douchebag.

Iíd rather talk to time4dumb than you. Canít believe Iím even saying that.
    Last edited by Fortybox; 11-07-2018 at 09:30 PM.

They’ll investigate whatever they want, now.

Just like gowdy spent years on Hilary.

It’ll be fun!

10. Default

The House will likely leave it to Mueller unless Trump terminates him or interferes with his process, as he's setting up to do after having fired Sessions. In that case, the House will likely hire and appoint Mueller under its aegis. If Trump doesn't have anything to hide, he shouldn't be afraid of the investigation.
    I think a great deal of the reason why people suspect him is based on general American wariness of politicians who've been sticking it to them for so long that anything that looks remotely suspicious is an automatic guilty plea. Trump's a NYC Businessman fighter if someone accuses him of something he fights back. This really goes toward how green he is in politics and in fact this made me feel a lot better about him because Obama or Slick Willy would've dodged this easily through some partisan trickery or by just not doing anything.

This might get a little conspiratorial but I think the Democrats baited him at the beginning knowing Trump's personal aggressive style hoping he'll stumble while he was still new to the game. He's just doing what anyone else would do in his position now, protect himself and his family. Sessions needed to go.
    Last edited by Koars Light; 11-07-2018 at 09:46 PM.