Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Midterm Election Results

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Have you been able to find the numbers anywhere of democratic voters vs republican voters over time? I did a cursory search but I'm working so I wasn't able to dig really deep.

I know 2014 had the lowest overall turnout in 70 years or something. I'd be interested to know if this is just a rebounding back to "normalcy" or if one side or the other turned out in higher than normal numbers.

I'd like to think that the increase can be at least partially attributed to a growing sense of urgency against Trump being somewhat of a narcissistic loose cannon, and specifically worry over the tariffs which are now starting to affect everyday prices. I just haven't been able to find the numbers yet to draw or deny that conclusion.
    I'm sure that information will be available in the coming days/weeks.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Right, except that you don't get immunity unless you can provide additional, concrete evidence beyond your testimony. And, in the instance of the Trump/Russia investigation, there are mounds of additional witnesses and concrete evidence.

So no, these aren't remotely parallel situations.
    If there are mounds of witnesses and concrete evidence already, why is anyone waiting on anything? Should not the president already be impeached? If there's so much concrete evidence?

Or are you maybe overstating your smoking gun based on your feelings instead of facts? He must be guilty, right? Someone said so.

Edit to add: I seem to remember you and some others saying there were a lot of "evidence" in the Kavanaugh case too. Turns out no. No there was not. None, in fact. And most of them have admitted to making the whole thing up already.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 11-07-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Voter turnout for mid-term was incredible considering 114 million people voted yesterday while in 2014 it was 83 million.

Clearly the American people mandated at the very least a check against Trump's nationalist agenda by voting in a blue wave to the House if not outright impeachment of the president himself.

Democrats received over 10 million more votes than republicans in the Senate but because of how districts are drawn Republicans still retain that majority. Something needs to change there.

Happy to see big gains for women and specifically American Indian and Muslim.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

4. Default

If there are mounds of witnesses and concrete evidence already, why is anyone waiting on anything? Should not the president already be impeached? If there's so much concrete evidence?
    Simply because this is how these sort of criminal investigations unravel. They don't jump straight to the kingpin, they start at the lower ranking people involved in the conspiracy and work there way up. This is why we've seen 20+ indictments so far with each one getting closer and closer to Trump. The next ones to fall will be Stone, possibly Assange, and then Kushner, Trump Jr, Ivanka and so forth.

5. Default

Simply because this is how these sort of criminal investigations unravel. They don't jump straight to the kingpin, they start at the lower ranking people involved in the conspiracy and work there way up. This is why we've seen 20+ indictments so far with each one getting closer and closer to Trump. The next ones to fall will be Stone, possibly Assange, and then Kushner, Trump Jr, Ivanka and so forth.
    Unless you're suggesting that they're about to prosecute the president under the RICO act, I'm pretty sure you can't cite cases against someone else as evidence against Trump. Whether or not Trump is guilty of something, there needs to be evidence against him.

I'm not claiming there's legitimate evidence one way or the other out there to be found. There very well could be. What I am claiming that Vishra talks directly out of her asshole because there are not "mounds of witnesses and evidence incriminating Trump.". If there was, he'd have been impeached already.

Her statements have no basis in reality, yet she talks as if we should just take her at her word for everything. Her level of credibility is zero, because she has a zero percent track record of correct information.

6. Default

Unless you're suggesting that they're about to prosecute the president under the RICO act, I'm pretty sure you can't cite cases against someone else as evidence against Trump. Whether or not Trump is guilty of something, there needs to be evidence against him.

I'm not claiming there's legitimate evidence one way or the other out there to be found. There very well could be. What I am claiming that Vishra talks directly out of her asshole because there are not "mounds of witnesses and evidence incriminating Trump.". If there was, he'd have been impeached already.

Her statements have no basis in reality, yet she talks as if we should just take her at her word for everything. Her level of credibility is zero, because she has a zero percent track record of correct information.
    There is plenty of information that backs up her statements. Mueller has a shit ton of evidence that he's collected over the year and he has multiple people that were a part of the Trump campaign (with close ties to Trump) now cooperating as states witnesses.

7. Default

There is plenty of information that backs up her statements. Mueller has a shit ton of evidence that he's collected over the year and he has multiple people that were a part of the Trump campaign (with close ties to Trump) now cooperating as states witnesses.
    Why even bother with a subpoena, then? He's guilty until proven innocent, right?

Look, I get where you're coming from. I don't like Trump any more than you do, but you cannot decide the guilt of a person before it's proven. It's one of the tenets of our judicial system. Whether or not you think he's guilty doesn't make it so until there is actual evidence presented. And that hasn't yet happened.

Blog Entries

I totally encourage the democrats to move forward with this witch hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

9. Default

Why even bother with a subpoena, then? He's guilty until proven innocent, right?

Look, I get where you're coming from. I don't like Trump any more than you do, but you cannot decide the guilt of a person before it's proven. It's one of the tenets of our judicial system. Whether or not you think he's guilty doesn't make it so until there is actual evidence presented. And that hasn't yet happened.
    Why get a subpoena? Because he's doing his due diligence and being very thorough. If you're going to go after the king you best be sure you have a strong case to present. Of course he's going to want to talk to Trump and get his side before he presents his report to Congress. Not talking to Trump beforehand would be irresponsible.

Mueller's being very careful, which is great. I hope the new Democratic House majority is as well in the investigations it launches. With careful management, they'll build iron-clad cases against Trump and his self-serving cronies (assuming, of course, that there are legitimate blights to be found, but I expect there are plenty). If they find enough evidence, they'll impeach him and the Republicans in the Senate will turn against him out of self-preservation and find him guilty. And then all the Trump supporters here will claim that they never *really* supported him and attempt to revise history. Hopefully, this election is the beginning of the end for Trump.

He's already threatening Democrats, by the way. It's super classy -- and fearful.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.