Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Loresong Unlocks

1. Default Official: Loresong Unlocks

Bards have now learned how to temporarily and permanently unlock loresongs.

All loresongs are now temporarily unlocked after a bard loresings to an item anywhere from 1 to 30 days. The duration is based upon the Bard's skill, with factors being Bard spellsong ranks, Influence stat bonus, and Mental Lore, Telepathy.

To permanently unlock a loresong, a Bard must accumulate Lore Knowledge Points. These are earned by killing like level creatures. Each kill provides a small chance to earn 1 LKP. Subsequent kills increase the odds until a point is earned, with guaranteed success after 1,000 kills for the week. A Bard may learn up to 1 LKP per week and store up to 5 LKPs total. A Bard may view if they've already earned their weekly LKP and their total LKPs with the RECALL verb. There is a skill check to permanently unlock a loresong, using the Bard's skill vs. the item's properties. Success modifiers include level, Bard spellsong ranks, Magic Item Use, Elemental Mana Control, Mental Mana Control, Aura and Influence stat bonus, and Mental Lore, Telepathy. There are also penalties for being injured or low on spirit. To attempt to unlock the loresong of an item, the Bard first needs to loresing to the item like normal, then within 5 minutes, use the RECALL verb on the item. The first attempt will provide information such as the chance of success and how many LKPs it will cost to unlock the item. The minimum cost to unlock any item is 1 LKP and the maximum cost is 5. The skill check to unlock a loresong is far more forgiving than enchant and ensorcell, but not all items may necessarily be possible for a Bard to unlock without outside help. Once a loresong is unlocked, non-Bards may RECALL the item to hear its loresong.

GameMaster Estild

This message was originally posted in Professions, Bard. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/330/3386/view/105

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    To permanently unlock a loresong, a Bard must accumulate Lore Knowledge Points. These are earned by killing like level creatures. Each kill provides a small chance to earn 1 LKP.
    There is no fucking way.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

wtf is this shit?
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    wtf is this shit?
    A way for non-bards to enjoy the loresongs of their favorite items and a way for someone to confirm an item's properties during a sale

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    There is no fucking way.
    Got to that and my enthusiasm fucking vanished.

Why on earth would they tie loresinging to combat? It makes zero actual sense. Ah hah! I stabbed that kobold so perfectly I got an epiphany on the cloak I was confused about!
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Bards have now learned how to temporarily and permanently unlock loresongs.

All loresongs are now temporarily unlocked after a bard loresings to an item anywhere from 1 to 30 days. The duration is based upon the Bard's skill, with factors being Bard spellsong ranks, Influence stat bonus, and Mental Lore, Telepathy.

To permanently unlock a loresong, a Bard must accumulate Lore Knowledge Points. These are earned by killing like level creatures. Each kill provides a small chance to earn 1 LKP. Subsequent kills increase the odds until a point is earned, with guaranteed success after 1,000 kills for the week. A Bard may learn up to 1 LKP per week and store up to 5 LKPs total. A Bard may view if they've already earned their weekly LKP and their total LKPs with the RECALL verb. There is a skill check to permanently unlock a loresong, using the Bard's skill vs. the item's properties. Success modifiers include level, Bard spellsong ranks, Magic Item Use, Elemental Mana Control, Mental Mana Control, Aura and Influence stat bonus, and Mental Lore, Telepathy. There are also penalties for being injured or low on spirit. To attempt to unlock the loresong of an item, the Bard first needs to loresing to the item like normal, then within 5 minutes, use the RECALL verb on the item. The first attempt will provide information such as the chance of success and how many LKPs it will cost to unlock the item. The minimum cost to unlock any item is 1 LKP and the maximum cost is 5. The skill check to unlock a loresong is far more forgiving than enchant and ensorcell, but not all items may necessarily be possible for a Bard to unlock without outside help. Once a loresong is unlocked, non-Bards may RECALL the item to hear its loresong.

GameMaster Estild

This message was originally posted in Professions, Bard. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/330/3386/view/105
    lololololololololololololololol

I like how there are zero benefits for the actual bard despite requiring a gigantic grind and time sink. And I doubt anyone's going to pay for unlocking services like enchant or ensorcell.

Work on some real fucking issues that matter. Idiots.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

The benefit for the bard is they will never gain xp for re-singing an item a second time..... oh wait

9. Default

I don't understand what you're having a problem with on this? It's not microtransaction development - it doesn't seem to be implemented to support future microtransaction development (unless it's been implemented for something they're doing to playershops), it doesn't hurt any current systems for the profession, and it adds something useful to the game.

This is actually dumber than coding 1206 so that one person in the game can use it to hunt with after buying a SK item lmao I am absolutely gobsmacked

Everyone except Flimbo: 1206 seems kind of dumb, the only class who can learn the spell can't use it, this is Simu's dumbest decision yet!
    Simu: Hold my beer (available in the SimuCoin Store for only 500 SimuCoins, attuned to account) and watch this.