Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Loresong Unlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    If I'm capped, what's the logic behind forcing me to go out and hunt creatures to let me 'gain insight' into an item a GM made up that might not even be associated with the creatures I'm hunting?
    You seem to be mistaking me for someone who agrees with the hunting implementation...

I'd venture a guess that bards who are only interested in grinding for LKP would do what people already do and find an out of the way table.
    Then your replies have been out of context, because the suggestion was that the larger the audience, the better chances of getting an LKP. If simply practicing an instrument at a table alone was sufficient, then who cares - adding the incentive for a large audience makes it a nuisance

At the end of the day - I do not want to spam instruments on my bard. I would rather the system be opened up to anything that earns you experience. Not based on the amount of experience, but the act of gaining experience. Every time you earn any amount of experience (not absorb), the chance applies.

It'd be like... I purify gems for 1xp each, and each gem gets you a chance to get an LKP. I kill enemies, and get XP from doing so, for each enemy you get a chance at an LKP. I turn in a bounty that gives me XP, etc etc. Every experience earning event could potentially lead to that "epiphany" and the Bard isn't forced into some unnatural spamming of a single activity (be it hunting, loresinging, or learning an instrument).
    Last edited by Maerit; 11-05-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Then your replies have been out of context, because the suggestion was that the larger the audience, the better chances of getting an LKP. If simply practicing an instrument at a table alone was sufficient, then who cares - adding the incentive for a large audience makes it a nuisance
    Looking back at the thread, you're the only one suggesting a bard would be doing this in public. Sellstuff1 was making a comparison to Rogue Guild audience reps, which ARE based on audience size. Instrument learning is not.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

I think it is a neat QOL improvement. I don't like the way it is implemented. I also don't like how it was teased as a "new skill for a profession." I was thinking something totally new.

I'm not against this, but the limitations (and hunting requirement) are just a little meh to me.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I think it is a neat QOL improvement. I don't like the way it is implemented. I also don't like how it was teased as a "new skill for a profession." I was thinking something totally new.

I'm not against this, but the limitations (and hunting requirement) are just a little meh to me.
    Yeah the biggest kick in the nards is i think most people assumed it was something for Paladins or Monks, not more utility for bards on top of (existing) loresinging capabilities and purifying.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

5. Default

They teased this bullshit for two weeks. Why do bards, a class that can pick any number of viable skill configurations, a class that wizards and clerics(and therefore every dead person) depend on for orb gems, deserve additional development?

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Looking back at the thread, you're the only one suggesting a bard would be doing this in public. Sellstuff1 was making a comparison to Rogue Guild audience reps, which ARE based on audience size. Instrument learning is not.
    The original quote is from back a ways.

Tying it to combat is ridiculous. I would have liked to have seen it tied to bards playing instruments/performing, with a bonus that varies on how big the crowd size is.
    Suffice to say, I don't care if instrument learning is a way to earn LPKs as long as myself and others don't have to suffer from a dozen bards spamming their instruments in TSC while the rest of us are trying to get an empath's attention through all the cacophony. Does one gain any amount of experience from instrument learning? If so, then the suggestion I made previously would apply as you could just spam instrument learning and have a chance at getting the LPK from the modest amount of experience gains.
    Last edited by Maerit; 11-05-2018 at 04:08 PM.

The idea behind this change is kind of nifty.

The permanent unlock sounds kind of dumb and overly complicated. A bard can only accumulate 1 point a week AND an item could take 5 points to permanently unlock? Up to 5 weeks to permanently unlock an item's loresong compared to 5 weeks of necro juice for ensorcell?

If they made the permanent unlocking less dumb this would actually be a cool change.

Also reduce the damn roundtime for RECALLing an item, I had 45 seconds of total roundtime to get all of the information out on item using RECALL.

If my choice is gaining these points while hunting like I already do, or having to sit around playing instruments all day, I will take the kill system all day long. If that means your pocket bard won't get LKP from sitting at a table singing to alts then oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Menos View Post
    I think this might actually have a small marketable value. An unlocked crumbly enhansive would let a script or just diligent player keep track of charges to avoid loss.
    Now the question is does using RECALL give the current information on the item or just the information on the item at the time the bard sang to it?

I'm hoping it's the former but with Simu you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Now the question is does using RECALL give the current information on the item or just the information on the item at the time the bard sang to it?

I'm hoping it's the former but with Simu you never know.
    Recall is meant to be like you re-sang to the item. So, updated information is presented. This is why it will be useful in tracking enhancive use and anything else that changes over time with a loresong.