Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Loresong Unlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    How could you tell the difference between that and just instrument learning in general?
    Fucking right?

How could you tell the difference between that and just instrument learning in general?
    One of them would stop at a certain point. The others would do it forever. Or at least until RNG makes their day better. Then next week they do it all over again.

Still makes more sense than tying it to only combat though.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Estild also stealth nerfed Tonis for loresong RT reduction if you read the thread on the officials.
    Estild obviously has something against thrash metal.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Estild obviously has something against thrash metal.
    Estild has something against any class that isn't a sorcerer. I bet he has a few dozen GM-leveled sorcerer accounts that sell ensorcelling for silvers and convert it into USD to fund his methamphetamine addiction.

You generally don't see more than one or two bards (or players in general) attempting to master an instrument in the common places. This would encourage every single bard resting from their bounty / hunt to sit and spam their instruments until it was time to hunt or they get an LKP...

Not to mention forcing bards to do repetitive tasks like this for their LKP who have already mastered an instrument seems to also deviate from logic. What makes sense is to allow for many sources of experience gain (not absorption) to contribute to your chance of getting a LKP. If you learn from something, you are potentially increasing your knowledge of lore.
    Last edited by Maerit; 11-05-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    Estild has something against any class that isn't a sorcerer. I bet he has a few dozen GM-leveled sorcerer accounts that sell ensorcelling for silvers and convert it into USD to fund his methamphetamine addiction.
    Imagine if this were the case.

It's easy if you try.

Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Not to mention forcing bards to do repetitive tasks like this for their LKP who have already mastered an instrument seems to also deviate from logic.
    If I'm capped, what's the logic behind forcing me to go out and hunt creatures to let me 'gain insight' into an item a GM made up that might not even be associated with the creatures I'm hunting?

from discord:

1,000 applicable kills will guarantee getting the LKP (there's some things to limit like going into reim and getting an LKP in an hour, etc.)
    the increased chance doesn't reset weekly, it resets when you get an LKP
    "The mathematical mean to achieve a LKP is also significantly less than 1,000"

so i'd say basically if you just hunt your lumnis, you get your LKP. Potentially much earlier if you get lucky.

one thing i didn't consider that is actually a really nice thing about the spell and thus marketability of it: it replicates the bard singing when you RECALL and so you always get the actual current information from the item, thus non-bards can check charges on crumbly enhancives that are unlocked.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    You generally don't see more than one or two bards (or players in general) attempting to master an instrument in the common places. This would encourage every single bard resting from their bounty / hunt to sit and spam their instruments until it was time to hunt or they get an LKP...
    I'd venture a guess that bards who are only interested in grinding for LKP would do what people already do and find an out of the way table.

Not to mention forcing bards to do repetitive tasks like this for their LKP who have already mastered an instrument seems to also deviate from logic. What makes sense is to allow for many sources of experience gain (not absorption) to contribute to your chance of getting a LKP. If you learn from something, you are potentially increasing your knowledge of lore.
    I think playing an instrument to learn "lore" makes more thematic sense for a bard than simply killing rats to learn the "lore" of a malevolent bile-green onyx and veniom-hilted longsword splattered with the blood of gremlin-slayers someone wants you to unlock. Maybe if the bard was wielding the weapon while doing those kills, but that's obviously not feasible for anyone involved. I agree that we need more ways to gain xp, however that's a systemic problem in GS.
    Last edited by Taernath; 11-05-2018 at 03:07 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

10. Default

Wait, they made it so bards can't just max their weekly kill-shit resource in two hours of Reim/week like sorcerers can? Amazing.