Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Loresong Unlocks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    Another absurd waste of development time that could've been better spent giving rogues an ability that makes them in-demand for anyone.

Locksmithing is not an in-demand ability, don't even go there.
    Locksmith RT Reduction Points, coming soon to a hunting grind near you.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

2. Default

Unlock your lock picks. Kill like leveled enemies to strengthen your picks against breakage.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Locksmith RT Reduction Points, coming soon to a hunting grind near you.
    They wouldn't, that would mean acknowledging that rogues exist as a class, which they haven't done in 6 years. The last Dev post on the official rogue boards was "new verbs for lmaster clasp", something that my PC advertised as doing at-cost for anyone for 6 months and had exactly one customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    i agree the tonis thing is just dumb but....having a marketable skill is absolutely a benefit to the bard. You could argue enchant /ensorcell has no benefit for like most wizards / sorcs because they use items they can't enhance any more. So the benefit is you do it for other people and make the phat moneys. You get exp i guess when you do those things but it's not like you do those things to get it, just kind of tacked on. (not saying persistent songs are in any way as good as those things). If I had a character bound item that gave people like +100 to all stats for 4 hours 1x a day, but couldn't be self-cast, that would sure as shit benefit me even if it didn't do anything for my character directly.

So it's a decent QOL change for everyone (temporary recall). They tried to tack on a service for bards to sell (permanent), wrapped it up in a system so only people who actually play bards can use it. Since it's a weighted RNG system if all you wanted to do on your bard other than purify and loresing for your main is hunt just enough to keep your 5 LKP banked, you have a chance to do that with minimal effort if you get lucky. (versus say, if it was staic kill X or like, awarded when your lumnis is fully expended you'd be locked into killing X shit per week). overally i think they did a pretty good job of accomplishing all that.

Now, do i think the permanent recall NEEDS to be gated? Fucking no. Jesus christ, just let have an ingame way to track what my random collection of pins and shit do. I don't know why that seems like it has to be some limited resource.
    Wizards and sorcerers can still enchant/ensorcell their own gear. Even when it hits the wall, they were still able to make the item much better than it was before. I'm pretty sure sorcerers get some extra thing they can do with Ensorcell on their own gear too but I'm too lazy to look it up.

What's a bard gonna with this when they can loresing to stuff anytime they want already?

So the benefit is you do it for other people and make the phat moneys.
    I don't think the market for this is going to be much of anything. It would probably be used for player shop items more than anything else, and nobody's going to pay a bard millions for this for an item they're trying to sell, and it's unlikely that there will be some sort of static value assigned to an item with a permanently unlocked loresong. Hopefully I'm wrong and it'll be worth tons and my bard can rack up, but I doubt it.

The system itself is a nice novelty, there just needs to be something thrown in for actual bards to get a tangible benefit from, especially if it's going to involve an RNG grind.

If I had a character bound item that gave people like +100 to all stats for 4 hours 1x a day, but couldn't be self-cast, that would sure as shit benefit me even if it didn't do anything for my character directly.
    Other than one's epeen maybe, how would that benefit your character when its mechanics only benefit other people?

Last edited by Methais; 11-05-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

I think this might actually have a small marketable value. An unlocked crumbly enhansive would let a script or just diligent player keep track of charges to avoid loss.

Not much to add on the limits set in place. Seems obvious to me they are to exclude value to pocket bards and also are not well fitting thematically. I'm fine with the reason it is there, but the way it is setup is meh.

6. Default

They clearly just don't want any sort of gear transparency. This is why labels were gated behind a premium subscription to acquire and a silver sink to use.

7. Default

Unlock your lock picks. Kill like leveled enemies to strengthen your picks against breakage.
    Funny because a pre-cap locksmith short of shitloads of gear and a mess of outside spells will get picked apart by at-level enemies.

Tying it to combat is ridiculous. I would have liked to have seen it tied to bards playing instruments/performing, with a bonus that varies on how big the crowd size is.
    I agree that tying it to only combat was ridiculous, but would have preferred it not be tied only to instrument playing / etc. Estild is opposed to such things for a good reason. You'd potentially have bards sitting in the busiest areas just spamming music "noise" and not really doing it for anything other than to earn LKPs. So, not only would it be a repetitive and likely scripted way of trying to get these points, it would be annoying everyone else at the same time.

Hopefully they will find some way to tie it to experience earning events (like loresinging, crafting, hunting, bounties) so that you can achieve LKPs with more than just a single activity.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    You'd potentially have bards sitting in the busiest areas just spamming music "noise" and not really doing it for anything other than to earn LKPs.
    Better than their implementation of audience reps (especially for the rogue guild) which encourage you to make five free-to-play accounts and sit them at a table, otherwise the entire town will know you're training to become a pickpocket, or you'll miss a trap and detonate a box in TSC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    You'd potentially have bards sitting in the busiest areas just spamming music "noise" and not really doing it for anything other than to earn LKPs. So, not only would it be a repetitive and likely scripted way of trying to get these points, it would be annoying everyone else at the same time.
    How could you tell the difference between that and just instrument learning in general?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.