Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 111

Thread: Official: Loresong Unlocks

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Does it? The way it reads suggests that nothing about the base act of loresinging has changed. You only have to actually hunt stuff if you want to permanently unlock a loresong.

    Am I reading it wrong? It seems like an optional extra from how I'm reading it. And you get the points for that by doing something you're probably doing already, which is...you know..hunting.

    Like the way it's implemented or hate it, it does seem completely optional and in keeping with the way the rest of the systems in the game work. I don't understand why there's such an outrage about it here unless I'm not correctly reading the initial statement. There are plenty of things to get angry about with the way Simutronics does business, but I just can't see this as one of them, again, unless I'm incorrectly understanding how it functions.
    The new features require a big stupid RNG grind and in the end there is zero benefit for the bard. I'd probably be more ok with the RNG grind if there was any benefit at all for the bard, but there isn't.

    I'm not sure which part was unclear.

    The Tonis nerf is even more stupid. Classic Estild.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-05-2018 at 01:09 PM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    There being zero benefit for the bard in any of this but still requiring a huge RNG grind isn't helping things either.
    Sure it has benefit for the bard. They now have a finite resource that people will potentially want. I don't think there's going to be a huge market for paying for LKPs, but it adds a nice little utility thing bards can do for others...that can totally be replaced with a spreadsheet or labels, but hey...whatever. (i didn't say it was a great system, but it's kind of nice to be able to look that stuff in game. especially for items with fun flavor loresongs).

    I don't think we know how bad the RNG is. It's also on a sliding probability scale per kill like LTEs are where it's "random" but also guaranteed to happen within the first 50 kills or whatever. Having no idea what the actual chance is I can't say. But if it's high enough that say, if you take your bard out and at least do your lumnis every week you'll probably get it, that seems fine to me. If you have to kill like, 5k things a week, then it's probably fucktarded which also wouldn't surprise me.

    I think it's safe to say the LKP chance is probably worse than daily LTEs, but better than say....iridescent cores.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    There being zero benefit for the bard in any of this but still requiring a huge RNG grind isn't helping things either.
    ^

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Because it's yet another bizarre RNG grind where there didn't need to be one.
    ^

    Correct.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    4,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    The entire gaming industry is based on RNG =P
    I always found that the most attractive part of gemstone was every town having a guru that interacted with the community on a regular basis instead of the majority of their time being spent on the next RNG gimmick.


    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I always found that the most attractive part of gemstone was every town having a guru that interacted with the community on a regular basis instead of the majority of their time being spent on the next RNG gimmick.
    Isn't it now the gurus have 3 or 4 other things attached to them as well?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,470
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    I don't think we know how bad the RNG is. It's also on a sliding probability scale per kill like LTEs are where it's "random" but also guaranteed to happen within the first 50 kills or whatever. Having no idea what the actual chance is I can't say. But if it's high enough that say, if you take your bard out and at least do your lumnis every week you'll probably get it, that seems fine to me. If you have to kill like, 5k things a week, then it's probably fucktarded which also wouldn't surprise me.
    Each kill provides a small chance to earn 1 LKP. Subsequent kills increase the odds until a point is earned, with guaranteed success after 1,000 kills for the week.
    I doubt it's linear though.
    Last edited by Taernath; 11-05-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    4,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Isn't it now the gurus have 3 or 4 other things attached to them as well?
    Yup. It's become boring as fuck.


    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

  8. #38

    Default

    If this works as advertised, it would give non-bards better visibility into their enhancives. The service would be valuable as it's limited (supply & demand) to some extent.

  9. #39

    Default

    Could you image Simu having to post their RNG chances like they do in China?

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rubble of the fifth wall.
    Posts
    17,029

    Default

    Oh man, ummm, not that I would ever sell my animated puppy music stand. But, if I did, grrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •