Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Loresong Unlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I don't understand what you're having a problem with on this? It's not microtransaction development - it doesn't seem to be implemented to support future microtransaction development (unless it's been implemented for something they're doing to playershops), it doesn't hurt any current systems for the profession, and it adds something useful to the game.
    There is zero benefit for the bard but still requires a big stupid grind.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Good game design = give players reasons to play the game.

We can argue over how well we think this will do that, but that's the sentiment behind it.
    RNG != Good game design

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    okay lets simplify
    GMs demand when you make an alter it is logical and in genre yes?

in what way does killing things make any sort of sense to allow you to be better at loresinging things?

Hell you wanna add this, make it a random chance based on how often you loresing things, or play musical instruments. At least do what you demand the players do
    ThE mOrE yOu SiNg To KiLl CrItTeRs ThE BeTtEr YoU aRe At AlL sInGiNg ThErEfOrE iT mAkEs SeNsE!!!!!!!!iiiiiii -Simu, probably
    Last edited by Methais; 11-05-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    RNG != Good game design
    The entire gaming industry is based on RNG =P

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Estild also stealth nerfed Tonis for loresong RT reduction if you read the thread on the officials.
    Oh wow what a fucking cock.

Estild is great at consistently making things more stupid and less fun for no real reason at all I'll give him that, which he's probably patting himself on the back for as we speak.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-05-2018 at 12:42 PM.

The entire gaming industry is based on RNG =P
    Yes, with people railing against RNG. This isn't enjoyable just because it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Yes, with people railing against RNG. This isn't enjoyable just because it exists.
    It's not the RNG people don't like- it's the specific probabilities they don't like.

People want everything to be rare, so it stays valuable, and they want to make sure they are guaranteed to get what they want.

It's not the RNG people don't like- it's the specific probabilities they don't like.

People want everything to be rare, so it stays valuable, and they want to make sure they are guaranteed to get what they want.
    There being zero benefit for the bard in any of this but still requiring a huge RNG grind isn't helping things either.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    still requires a big stupid grind.
    Does it? The way it reads suggests that nothing about the base act of loresinging has changed. You only have to actually hunt stuff if you want to permanently unlock a loresong.

Am I reading it wrong? It seems like an optional extra from how I'm reading it. And you get the points for that by doing something you're probably doing already, which is...you know..hunting.

Like the way it's implemented or hate it, it does seem completely optional and in keeping with the way the rest of the systems in the game work. I don't understand why there's such an outrage about it here unless I'm not correctly reading the initial statement. There are plenty of things to get angry about with the way Simutronics does business, but I just can't see this as one of them, again, unless I'm incorrectly understanding how it functions.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 11-05-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Like the way it's implemented or hate it, it does seem completely optional and in keeping with the way the rest of the systems in the game work. I don't understand why there's such an outrage about it here unless I'm not correctly reading the initial statement.
    Because it's yet another bizarre RNG grind where there didn't need to be one.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.