Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The mysterious case of the disappearing gem pouch

Default The mysterious case of the disappearing gem pouch

So this is totally weird and I've never seen anything like it in my whole GS life.

I have a gem pouch that I usually wear but sometimes I take it off and STOW it and it ends up in my cloak. No biggie so far. But today it just vanished!

Luckily I log everything on all of my characters. So I checked the ol' log and one game line I see it in my cloak and the next time I try to interact with it the pouch is nowhere to be seen!

What could have happened to it? Can pickpockets actually steal containers inside of other containers? I checked the logs for the game line of someone reaching into your container to try and steal something and I didn't see said game line either so if it is possible to steal a container inside of another container this must be a pretty darn good thief because not to brag but I have a whole 101 ranks of perception, thank you very much!

The only other thing I can think of is maybe the script (because I log shit with a script) stopped working or I killed it by accident or something and this is when the pouch somehow disappeared. But even if that were the case how did it disappear?! I have it marked so I couldn't have accidentally sold it. I wouldn't have dropped it. The only person I would have given it to is my bard so he can take the gems and purify them but he doesn't have it either, none of my characters have it. It's a mystery!

Blog Entries

I had my pouch with a severed dark elven hand attached to it (close to the description) vanish over the years.

Never cared enough to sit in queue for days to figure out what happened.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I had my pouch with a severed dark elven hand attached to it (close to the description) vanish over the years.

Never cared enough to sit in queue for days to figure out what happened.
    The plot thickens!

I had two items just vanish once. Wyrom checked around and said that it's a buggy old game. Sometimes things happen like that. Then he replaced my items.

5. Default

I'm not familiar with the details, but I know that in the past the game had issues with a few characters carrying too many total items for the game to handle properly. My understanding is that the issue was largely addressed but that the problem can still rarely occur. If your character was carrying a huge number of items, perhaps you were affected by this issue.

A bunch of years ago during one of Kenstrom's invasions of the landing the contents of my harness became the contents of the floor in one of the rooms, luckily I noticed one of the items as it was highlighted and picked them up. Kenstrom and I both combed the logs from both sides, neither of us saw the items no longer be in the harness but they very clearly were.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    A bunch of years ago during one of Kenstrom's invasions of the landing the contents of my harness became the contents of the floor in one of the rooms, luckily I noticed one of the items as it was highlighted and picked them up. Kenstrom and I both combed the logs from both sides, neither of us saw the items no longer be in the harness but they very clearly were.

The first thing I thought of was Hoy was hiding in my harness too, but I am sure he was still on Teras. And weirdly the harness was a gift from Neimanz/Hoy like 18 years ago.....
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Exactly the same thing happened to me with a runestaff a few years ago, I logged out with it in my Wizard's hand and when I logged back in it had vanished. It was registered and even the GM couldn't work out what had happened, she confirmed that I had it logging out so replaced it for me. It was only a 4x runestaff still weird though.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    T but I am sure he was still on Teras
    he's multiplying!