Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    I've always found that amazing. Gemstone 4 has one of the worst pricing models of any online game. $15 a month for a text game is crazy, $40 for premium is even crazier. And that is to say nothing for multi-accounts and the microtransactions. The idea that you can pay $50 to go to a special event and almost never walk away with anything close to worthwhile is absolutely nuts. But people defend it by saying "its an investment" like it's a business transaction instead a fun in-game event. I swear some people forgot how much their money is worth while playing this game and that the game is supposed to be fun.

I've never seen the community come together against simu. Aside from the infighting between everyone, I don't think open communication with simu or the GMs is even possible. The GMs just ignore feedback and do whatever they want. You pretty much have to walk on egg shells on the officials when you say something negative too. People were mad over stuff like 620 or 1206 but you could tell that no one could really express how they felt. I won't call the officials "a safe space" but they sure as hell don't want anything on there but positive press. There is no way to hold the GMs or simu accountable. Only thing you can do is quit. It's really sad that this is the only option.
    It is an investment to a lot of people. They go to the event, try to rack up on whatever, then flip it for a profit.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    It is an investment to a lot of people. They go to the event, try to rack up on whatever, then flip it for a profit.
    I'm tempted to blame those people, but I know that happens with everything, video game or not. No, this simu's fault for enabling this sort of thing to such a high degree. Wouldn't be nearly as bad if, for example, it was possible to get a lot of the special gear from these events in the base game. Of course, we all know what would happen. You could get yourself a nice 3x low steel short sword after 10 years of continuous play.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    I'm tempted to blame those people, but I know that happens with everything, video game or not. No, this simu's fault for enabling this sort of thing to such a high degree. Wouldn't be nearly as bad if, for example, it was possible to get a lot of the special gear from these events in the base game. Of course, we all know what would happen. You could get yourself a nice 3x low steel short sword after 10 years of continuous play.
    Low steel is naturally 6x, btw.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Low steel is naturally 6x, btw.
    This version can be called lower steel then! After enough quests, it slowly upgrades to low steel! Quests happen 1/month or you can buy quest orb to speed up the process!
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post

This is the last year of feeder-driven games. - Wyrom on 10/25.

The problem boils down to expectations and growth. It's literally a gold rush. Feeders aren't going away, but they won't be the driving force of these events. -Wyrom on 10/26.
    I.E. We know legislation is coming and we won't be able to profit when we are forced to meet regulations. It was fun psychologically mind fucking you while it lasted, we love our mentally ill customers.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 11-03-2018 at 03:32 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

6. Default

*sneaks in for a quick comment*

A lot of these issues are real issues, and SIMU could indeed do more to combat it. Account binding raffle wins and such would do a lot to help some of the issues, as well as a better system for games/digging...SIMU enables a lot of toxic player behavior, I very much agree.

But a lot of the fault is on the players. Not just the whales. But the people who buy the stuff the merchanteers sell for $$$...or even silver. Watching the cool RP toy get snatched up at a raffle and on lnet/pc for sale for 20-50m silver immediately after is a huge part of the problem. Also the people who then BUY it from them because they REALLY WANT that item. It leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths and seriously makes people want to quit, give up, etc...because they cannot compete with the big $$$ spenders. At the CCF silver event, a GREAT idea by SIMU...in prime at least, most everything went to the people who spend boatloads of USD on silver.

If all the pay events and microtrans disappeared TODAY...a lot of the problems would still exist because the secondary cash market is still a thing. MAing out the wazoo is still a thing. AFK scripting and it being tolerated by a sizeable minority of the community is still a thing.

A boycott is an unworkable idea. We as players really cant change SIMU...but we can change our behavior. Stop tolerating toxic community behavior. Refuse to buy from the merchanteers. Stop buying and selling silver/items in the secondary market. This wont fix everything? But it will fix a lot.

Also, side note: In platinum, a lot of the issues you guys are complaining about either don't exist or are so minor you can entirely ignore them. Yeah, its a bit more expensive, and yeah, theres still issues here and there, but its much, much better of a community in general. But if you are looking to make GS a secondary income source? Yeah you're going to have a bad time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HJFudge View Post

A lot of these issues are real issues, and SIMU could indeed do more to combat it. Account binding raffle wins and such would do a lot to help some of the issues, as well as a better system for games/digging...SIMU enables a lot of toxic player behavior, I very much agree.

But a lot of the fault is on the players. Not just the whales. But the people who buy the stuff the merchanteers sell for $$$...or even silver. Watching the cool RP toy get snatched up at a raffle and on lnet/pc for sale for 20-50m silver immediately after is a huge part of the problem. Also the people who then BUY it from them because they REALLY WANT that item. It leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths and seriously makes people want to quit, give up, etc...because they cannot compete with the big $$$ spenders. At the CCF silver event, a GREAT idea by SIMU...in prime at least, most everything went to the people who spend boatloads of USD on silver.

If all the pay events and microtrans disappeared TODAY...a lot of the problems would still exist because the secondary cash market is still a thing. MAing out the wazoo is still a thing. AFK scripting and it being tolerated by a sizeable minority of the community is still a thing.

A boycott is an unworkable idea. We as players really cant change SIMU...but we can change our behavior. Stop tolerating toxic community behavior. Refuse to buy from the merchanteers. Stop buying and selling silver/items in the secondary market. This wont fix everything? But it will fix a lot.

Also, side note: In platinum, a lot of the issues you guys are complaining about either don't exist or are so minor you can entirely ignore them. Yeah, its a bit more expensive, and yeah, theres still issues here and there, but its much, much better of a community in general. But if you are looking to make GS a secondary income source? Yeah you're going to have a bad time.
    tldr
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I have given up trying to 'fix' people. Be it the people at SIMU or the players that immediately put up for sale a very nice item they just won, so they can flip it and buy something from someone that did the same thing. To be honest, it is capitalism in its second purest form, so it is hard for me to argue with it. So I just decided I will get out of the game what I want, and others can get out of it what they want. SIMU managed to fool me two years in a row for EG, good for them. Next year if there is something I want, I will just have someone pick up those items and save my money.

Ironically I am totally OK with Duskruin because it has always been what it is, and I am willing to spend my money to grind out bloodscrip to get a good item or three.

We as players really cant change SIMU...but we can change our behavior.
    It's easy to say "stop engaging in this type of behavior" but that behavior stems from legitimate grievances. Ones that have been ignored, mocked and disregarded by staff working under Simutronics. Remember how they behaved when Wizards were voicing their disapproval? I sure do, Wyrom told us in no short answer that receptions "likes this" are why we don't have full-time coders.

Fun fact: HJFudge is a former Florida paintball state champion
    Last edited by Methais; 11-03-2018 at 04:02 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible