Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Never understood why locksmiths don’t just comission out their services. Selling unlocking 300 box minimum , toughest lock done -437 (Ithzir on down). charging, 10% of finds, you keep uniques.
    If they don't anymore, it's because there are so few left? I guess I can't speak for the current state of the game, but there's probably not a huge amount of non-pocket pickers left these days.

And unlike other things that had to be adapted to make up for dwindling player bases (such as changes to guild training, etc..), locksmithing never has. The only adaptation that was made was the NPC locksmiths, which wasn't exactly the best fix in the minds of player locksmiths.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    Maybe Larton should have RT...that would be great, actually. Send the request to Simu immediately!
    - Dump boxes on alt
    - Run ;sloot on alt
    - Go back out hunting on main while alt deals with RT
    Last edited by Methais; 11-09-2018 at 11:47 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    - Dump boxes on alt
    - Run ;sloot on alt
    - Go back out hunting on main while alt deals with RT
    Lol, hey, I won't deny I'm part of the problem myself. I'm probably the only rogue that has a pocket picker (of the locksmithing kind, anyways)! Never been a locksmith, never will be! And hell, I'll STILL use Larton because picking is such a PITA.

But even when like 90% of my in game friends were rogues, I still struggled to get my boxes picked. RT was the least of my worries. My lockers and bags on like 3 different characters filling up before I could finally find a locksmith.....that was my biggest worry!

Lol, hey, I won't deny I'm part of the problem myself. I'm probably the only rogue that has a pocket picker (of the locksmithing kind, anyways)! Never been a locksmith, never will be! And hell, I'll STILL use Larton because picking is such a PITA.

But even when like 90% of my in game friends were rogues, I still struggled to get my boxes picked. RT was the least of my worries. My lockers and bags on like 3 different characters filling up before I could finally find a locksmith.....that was my biggest worry!
    I don't even use my own capped 3x pick/disarm rogue to open my own boxes because of the RT, and I find tons of boxes in the Rift.

My rogue just opens plinites and literally nothing else. Which can induce RT (though not usually and not for much, esp as levels were gained) but there's no disarming or any of that, just picking. Went from 70-100 purely off that.

PC lockpicking has been abandoned for way too long and Simu has given zero fucks about addressing it.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-09-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

5. Default

Rogues as a profession seem to have been given the old 'Welp, we're done!' checkmark years ago. When is the last time we heard about ANY kind of dev for rogues? At least wizards got nerfed and monks got 1206. That's being recognized as existing!

Well, I got nerfed as a rogue, by Sloot! (Bloody closed containers!)

But I guess that's been around for a while....

Someone needs to sell me a nifty item that lets me steal from closed containers or through sancts or something. Some crazy thing like that has to exist, right?!

Hmmm, maybe people don't want me to come back, what with my +50 PP enhancements and all. Or whatever the max is, I forget (I don't think the PP system was designed to have enhancements, because it kind of breaks it, honestly).
    Last edited by Mobius1; 11-09-2018 at 01:08 PM.

7. Default

Someone needs to sell me a nifty item that lets me steal from closed containers or through sancts or something. Some crazy thing like that has to exist, right?!

Hmmm, maybe people don't want me to come back, what with my +50 PP enhancements and all (Or whatever the max is, I forget.).
    You could just stalk afk scripters and rob them blind.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    You could just stalk afk scripters and rob them blind.
    Robbing corpses is where it's really at, actually.

Hmmm, maybe people don't want me to come back, what with my +50 PP enhancements and all. Or whatever the max is, I forget (I don't think the PP system was designed to have enhancements, because it kind of breaks it, honestly).
    Who are you though?

And lol pickpocketing. Most useless skill in the game.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-09-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Who are you though?

And lol pickpocketing. Most useless skill in the game.
    Hey, killing someone and then overtly robbing their corpse has got to be one of the most gratifying things I have done in this game.