Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

Continued from here because I realized we had hijacked some poor guy's finished sales thread.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...49#post2063649

I don't have much else to say but I'll get the ball rolling:

It's laughable that the only meaningful non-microtransaction development being done is being done to fix a system that's been broken for more than a decade (player shops), by a simutronics employee doing it in his spare time. And I'm not convinced they won't be adding a bunch of microtransaction crap to that system when it's done (They have repeatedly refused to state such).
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 11-01-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Blog Entries

A little while ago I divested myself from GS and only play when they have free months going. I still love the game, but I can't ignore the direction it's been heading the last few years.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    A little while ago I divested myself from GS and only play when they have free months going. I still love the game, but I can't ignore the direction it's been heading the last few years.
    except I don’t play at all anymore, I just continue to publish the occasional Elanthian Vogue because it reminds me of the fun aspects of GS that don’t involve microtransactions. The poorly executed business model and appalling customer service with little regard given to feedback - unless it immediately impacts on their profit margins - just frustrated me so much that I took the only course of action left and cancelled my subscriptions. I seriously doubt they care but I feel better about it!
    Rohese's GS Wiki page

You arrange yourself on the throne.

You attend to your gold wirework circlet, carefully smoothing the hair underneath, and adopt a regal air as you survey the area.

You think to yourself, "I got this"

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    I didn’t realize this was your reason for leaving!

And people need to realize more how slot machine events affect people who straight up pay their sub, don’t sell silvers for cash, and just play the game how any normal online game is played. I think more and more “normal” players will quit.

Wyrom should’ve taken the advice of so many players and just left EG alone, you had your Dusk, Dusk Dig, Delirium, etc. just leave this marquee yearly event old school ticketed. But that greed man...

Then again if there is a single player dropping $1000+ a month on the game, how many Rohese’s is he worth monetarily? Think about how people like Rohese enriches the gaming experience above and beyond that dude that wants his 67x enchant GM killing dagger. Wyrom probably knows.
    Simu has never given a shit about how anything they do affects things long term. They've always been focused on the immediate short term and always will be. Which is why they're too cheap to advertise, because if it doesn't immediately generate massive profits, then they see it as an expense instead of an investment.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-03-2018 at 09:04 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Then again if there is a single player dropping $1000+ a month on the game, how many Rohese’s is he worth monetarily?
    They realized they don't have to market their product to their entire customer base, they can just focus on the 10% of customers who buy 80% of their product. It's why they've never cared about advertising. The people who spent thousands-per-festival aren't about to leave.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvenlady View Post
    except I don’t play at all anymore, I just continue to publish the occasional Elanthian Vogue because it reminds me of the fun aspects of GS that don’t involve microtransactions. The poorly executed business model and appalling customer service with little regard given to feedback - unless it immediately impacts on their profit margins - just frustrated me so much that I took the only course of action left and cancelled my subscriptions. I seriously doubt they care but I feel better about it!
    I bailed for the same reasons. Canceled all other accounts, keep my main open for transactions and possibly BS farming for cash if i feel bored. Other than that, game has been ruined steadily over the last few years.

Why? Because racecar.

Actually put the money GS that makes back into, you know, GS. Hire coders, advertise, that sort of thing.

If this happened, I'm pretty sure almost everything I've ever even briefly complained about would either go away or at least I'd be 100% at peace with it.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Leafiara View Post
    Actually put the money GS that makes back into, you know, GS. Hire coders, advertise, that sort of thing.

If this happened, I'm pretty sure almost everything I've ever even briefly complained about would either go away or at least I'd be 100% at peace with it.
    Hey. HEY! This thread is for the irate people! Not the nice people! Go back from whence you came! *whipcrack*

Most of my complaints would go away too. Although, I would still hate their pricing and microtransaction system.

This will never happen exactly for the reason that people continue to play. Wyrom is a “spreadsheet man” he probably has hundreds of excel spreadsheets with all sorts of data thinking it’ll tell him the inner thoughts of his players. Thus, as long as people continue to sub and pay hundreds if not thousands on EG or Dusk, he thinks the game is perfect and WAI.

Furthermore, I’m certain he has already singled out 100 top spending accounts based on SC purchases, # of accounts, whatever. He’s trying to make this game for them as well as you. Money vs. Fun. Money vs. balance. Money vs. Longevity.

To Wyrom’s credit, it’s hard. Also, this is his livelihood. If he fails to squeeze out all that he can from us he loses his paycheck, his insurance, whatever. Wyrom obviously can’t go on “HotGamerBimbos.com” to make ends meet, just judging by his physique. I don’t blame what he’s doing to the game personally. I just hope he has enough foresight, skill, and business acumen to navigate this ship to graze the iceberg and not ram it head-on.
    In this regard, Wyrom reminds me of Ghostcrawler from way back when I played World of Warcraft. The community loved to blame him for everything but he was just the community relations guy. He didn't control the entire game, he was just an easy target.

Still, it wouldn't kill Wyrom or the other GMs to talk to the community more, explain things more, or take and use feedback. We might have been able to avoid the nightmare that was the Wizard nerf if that had happened.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

Simu's after reading your post:
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible