Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

1. Default

Have casters on hand to provide spells while people get their boxes picked.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Or ... you could have incentivized players to use PC locksmiths by not charging them, or only charging a small amount per box. Trying to force players to use PC locksmiths when it's against their interest in both money and time will never work.
    We tried all manner of things. Lots of pickers didn't charge. But that's not fair to expect - that's their source of income.

We even tried to get the east tower made a super node.

Really, what needs to happen is the locksmithing system needs a revamp. They went and made it super complicated after the last revamp, instead of making it a faster process as they should have. And they should make it possible without having to trade the boxes.

Or, even better, if you ask me, they should drastically reduce the number of boxes that drop, and make them have more valuables and give the smith much more XP.
    Last edited by Mobius1; 11-09-2018 at 12:12 PM.

3. Default

I like the box idea for boxes, whoever suggested that. I saw it in passing but don't want to go back and re-read it.

If there were a personalized box you could drop off in the east tower, like a jailbox, but for boxes to be picked, and you could say, set a price per box you were willing to pay, then come back and pick them up later after they were picked, that'd be great. It'd be very difficult to code, and probably won't ever happen, but that would pretty much reinvigorate PC lockpicking if you ask me.

You drop off 6 boxes, set it at 1000 silvers per box in tip, you leave. Rogue shows up, picks the boxes, puts 'em back, collects the tips. You pick them up at your leisure over the next couple days. No show after 3 days, boxes disappear. No need for you to find an online locksmith right just now, you save compared to going to Larton, rogue gets exp, scarabs, and your tip, like normal. Everybody wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I like the box idea for boxes, whoever suggested that. I saw it in passing but don't want to go back and re-read it.

If there were a personalized box you could drop off in the east tower, like a jailbox, but for boxes to be picked, and you could say, set a price per box you were willing to pay, then come back and pick them up later after they were picked, that'd be great. It'd be very difficult to code, and probably won't ever happen, but that would pretty much reinvigorate PC lockpicking if you ask me.

You drop off 6 boxes, set it at 1000 silvers per box in tip, you leave. Rogue shows up, picks the boxes, puts 'em back, collects the tips. You pick them up at your leisure over the next couple days. No show after 3 days, boxes disappear. No need for you to find an online locksmith right just now, you save compared to going to Larton, rogue gets exp, scarabs, and your tip, like normal. Everybody wins.
    Yep, that was basically the same sort of thing I was thinking of. In fact, that would probably be a lot easier than revamping locksmithing, adding nodes, etc..

5. Default

Never understood why locksmiths don’t just comission out their services. Selling unlocking 300 box minimum , toughest lock done -437 (Ithzir on down). charging, 10% of finds, you keep uniques.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Never understood why locksmiths don’t just comission out their services. Selling unlocking 300 box minimum , toughest lock done -437 (Ithzir on down). charging, 10% of finds, you keep uniques.
    Meh. Societal norm I guess. Same reason people flip out if a restaurant adds an automatic gratuity to a check.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I know, but I mean using other means like RT locking and what not. No, wait, I'd still get boxes, and then post logs of me dumping them all down the well.
    I'd post logs of me opening them in Icemule.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    A capped character was easy enough to sweep/footstomp/all manner of things.

But for most people it was just RP and no violence. It was mainly the scripters we attacked. Which is ultimately what got us in trouble. But it was cool that the GM took over Larton and RPed with us.

But we really did try to get people to use players for locksmithing. We even tried to schedule people to be at the tower, but people would use Larton anyways.
    Blame Simu for never addressing the ridiculous pick/disarm RT, not the players who don't want to deal with spending a half hour having their boxes picked to get 17k and 3 chipped bricks.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Blame Simu for never addressing the ridiculous pick/disarm RT, not the players who don't want to deal with spending a half hour having their boxes picked to get 17k and 3 chipped bricks.
    The RT does get annoying. It would stand to reason that you could lower it with more training in pick/disarm (or lockmastery), like first aid with herbs.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 11-09-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    If they don't anymore, it's because there are so few left? I guess I can't speak for the current state of the game, but there's probably not a huge amount of non-pocket pickers left these days.

And unlike other things that had to be adapted to make up for dwindling player bases (such as changes to guild training, etc..), locksmithing never has. The only adaptation that was made was the NPC locksmiths, which wasn't exactly the best fix in the minds of player locksmiths.