Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

You errrr.....attack them....

Granted, there was verbal exchange first...

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    If people were trying to block me from using the NPC locksmith in anyway, I'd just stop picking up boxes.
    You don't have to put the box on the counter to use the NPC locksmith though, so it's not like they can take them. And unless they're casting Bind on you or something, how are they going to stop you from using an automated NPC that's immune to attacks?
    Last edited by Methais; 11-09-2018 at 11:44 AM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    You errrr.....attack them....

Granted, there was verbal exchange first...
    What were you guys doing, patrolling level 15s? Because good luck with that vs a capped character.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    You don't have to put the box on the counter to use the NPC locksmith though, so it's not like they can take them. And unless they're casting Bind on you or something, how are they going to stop you from using an automated NPC that's immune to attacks?
    I know, but I mean using other means like RT locking and what not. No, wait, I'd still get boxes, and then post logs of me dumping them all down the well.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

A capped character was easy enough to sweep/footstomp/all manner of things.

But for most people it was just RP and no violence. It was mainly the scripters we attacked. Which is ultimately what got us in trouble. But it was cool that the GM took over Larton and RPed with us.

But we really did try to get people to use players for locksmithing. We even tried to schedule people to be at the tower, but people would use Larton anyways.

Blog Entries

A capped character was easy enough to sweep/footstomp/all manner of things.

But for most people it was just RP and no violence. It was mainly the scripters we attacked. Which is ultimately what got us in trouble. But it was cool that the GM took over Larton and RPed with us.

But we really did try to get people to use players for locksmithing. We even tried to schedule people to be at the tower, but people would use Larton anyways.
    Yeah and that is where you went wrong. If people were fucking with me whether I was using a script or not, getting my boxes picked at Larton, because they wanted me to use them... I'd make it a point to NEVER use a player locksmith ever again.

Yeah and that is where you went wrong. If people were fucking with me whether I was using a script or not, getting my boxes picked at Larton, because they wanted me to use them... I'd make it a point to NEVER use a player locksmith ever again.
    "After I killed them all." You left out that very important part.
    Last edited by BriarFox; 11-09-2018 at 11:55 AM.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Well, what do you expect when you have a bunch of rogues get together trying to stir up trouble?! :P

Honestly, like I said - most people we didn't attack. We were just telling them that there was a locksmith at the east tower and that Larton was "closed."

But hey, there wasn't really any "good" solution to the issue, that a group of players could accomplish. That was our best shot, aside from trying to schedule pickers. So many people said they use Larton because there were no locksmiths around, but when there were locksmiths, they still used Larton.

Maybe Larton should have RT...that would be great, actually. Send the request to Simu immediately!
    Last edited by Mobius1; 11-09-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Blog Entries

Well, what do you expect when you have a bunch of rogues get together trying to stir up trouble?! :P

Honestly, like I said - most people we didn't attack. We were just telling them that there was a locksmith at the east tower and that Larton was "closed."

But hey, there wasn't really any "good" solution to the issue, that a group of players could accomplish. That was our best shot, aside from trying to schedule pickers.
    My biggest issue with locksmiths is that I'm losing xp sitting there getting my boxes picked. If using a player also awarded you XP to keep you at fried or saturated that would probably be a huge step in the right direction.

But hey, there wasn't really any "good" solution to the issue, that a group of players could accomplish. That was our best shot, aside from trying to schedule pickers.
    Or ... you could have incentivized players to use PC locksmiths by not charging them, or only charging a small amount per box. Trying to force players to use PC locksmiths when it's against their interest in both money and time will never work.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.