Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

1. Default

Pickpocketing is a great skill. Nobody expects you to use it anymore, and nobody protects their stuff. And 75% of them are afk when they're resting, so even if you get seen, nobody really sees you. My rogue makes anywhere between 5-20k between each hunt usually just by resting in a spot with people in it. If only it gave experience, I would never leave town.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 11-09-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Blog Entries

I used to pickpocket at the NPC locksmith in the landing when I was bored.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Pickpocketing is a great skill. Nobody expects you to use it anymore, and nobody protects their stuff.
    Maybe if you find the one guy in game who doesn't use lich and doesn't keep his containers closed you can do something. Vast majority of people just deposit everything via script after a hunt, so they have literally nothing for you to steal. Plus so many people are post-cap with PP training of their own, and all the anti-thief items that have been released over the years.
    Last edited by Taernath; 11-09-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Maybe if you find the one guy in game who doesn't use lich and doesn't keep his containers closed you can do something. Vast majority of people just deposit everything via script after a hunt, so they have literally nothing for you to steal.
    I dunno about you, but my scripts don't really close containers. Maybe I'm the outlier, but it doesn't really seem to me like a lot of other people keep theirs closed either. I get all sorts of stuff. I think most people are using ;sloot and ;sloot sell at this point, and I don't think that closes by default.

Edit to add: The only real hindrance I have every now and again is finding rooms with more than just one or two people in them that aren't protected against pickpocketing. Not that it really stops me if I have no other options, because those one or two people are usually afk and won't really see me if they see me anyway.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 11-09-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Maybe if you find the one guy in game who doesn't use lich and doesn't keep his containers closed you can do something. Vast majority of people just deposit everything via script after a hunt, so they have literally nothing for you to steal. Plus so many people are post-cap with PP training of their own, and all the anti-thief items that have been released over the years.
    This is why I camped out at the locksmith, by the time a capped character caught on I was gone.

I can only remember getting caught up in anti-theft stuff twice.

Another good time is when everyone is gathered during story lines, even got RPA's for being an entertaining thief.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 11-09-2018 at 02:43 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

If you are 2x PP, a character that is 1x might as well not even have any PP skill.

Traps will get you caught though (Although I've found with max enhancives, my chance of stealing traps skyrocketed. I can also PP from a 3x perception/2x PP rogue alone in the room and not get caught.).

Being able to actively see when items go missing from your bag, is also a bit lame, when used by a player.

But whatever the case, getting caught usually leads to a lot of fun anyways. Though some people take it a little too personal...

What I hated, was when people I hadn't even stolen from, attacked me for allegedly stealing from a friend of theirs (even though I was never caught.). Well, I guess it led to some very gratifying revenge, though...
    Last edited by Mobius1; 11-09-2018 at 02:58 PM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    if only it gave experience, I would never leave town.
    That would be awesome and it should since you have to spend TP's on it.

Man, you guys really weren't lying about Simu putting all its efforts into paid events.

I've come to realize that 95% of GM activity on the forums and in discord, is addressing stuff about DR, HESS, Treasure Trove, etc.. Yet when it comes to fixing issues with the game, or improving it, there are only crickets.

Part of me wants to just hop on one of those forums and start asking about game issues!

I understand the game needs money to continue. But they already ask a crazy price just for basic service, compared to today's standards. Let alone the fact that most of the population these days seem to be premie. Then you add in all these cash grabs, and I really start to wonder....Where the heck is all this money going? Sounds like a few people are just pocketing it all! It would be nice if they could actually pay some people to develop and advertise their game.

And do squares even have a bloody GM that does anything for them? Talk about bastard step-children of GS!
    Last edited by Mobius1; 12-13-2018 at 09:29 AM.

9. Default

Yep. People keep buying SimuCoins, they keep running SimuCoin events. There isn't going to be a rousing pivotal scene where inspirational music plays and everyone joins together to combat StillFront and refuse to use the SimuCoin shop. If that's a problem for you then it's no longer the right game for you. Blunt, honest, realistic truth. They are squeezing all of the cash they can out of this player base. When that dries up, the game is gone. Enjoy it while it lasts, or don't. Do you.

Hell, I don't even need to pay to win. I have never paid for a single event in all my years and I do just fine.

The fact that most of the crap is unnecessary to me, is probably the only reason I am still here.

A 5 setting gold ring? I have like 500 regular gold rings, so what the hell good would that do me?

The sad part is simply that it's leaving the game in neglect, and what little is done seems to be pandering to specific classes.

I also find it hilarious that they will sell something at an obscene price, simply to make certain broken systems viable (for those that shell out the cash.). Like throwing, haha.

But whatever, it's not like the game is broken. Though it's a wonder it isn't, with all the obscene inflation, past GMA, crazy god items, etc.!