Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

1. Default

Makes sense… Lady threw a tantrum at me cause I decided not to wait in a queue to get boxes picked by her, went to the local locksmith.
    Man, anger issue is a documented mental desease, go consult

Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    Easy. F2P alt that holds everyone's hands before Dreaven does. I already have a lich script to generate a F2P landing character. All I'd have to do is create a listening script for Dreavenings and run a grouping script when he announces not to join anyone. This can all be automated, and the characters are fresh burners, so Dreaven will have to fundamentally change how his script works. Or he could just stop being a blatant fascist. Choice is his.
    That would be very easy to sidestep by Dreaven adding like one line to his script. I'm sure you probably stayed up for like 3 days straight coning up with this master plan, but you'll have to be more creative than that for it to work more than once.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    Makes sense… Lady threw a tantrum at me cause I decided not to wait in a queue to get boxes picked by her, went to the local locksmith.
    Hahaha what the fuck?

I have a capped 3x pick/disarm rogue and I still use the NPC locksmith because fuck all that RT.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

In my opinion, the best addition to Gemstone, that has been done since like....GS4 came out, was not even done by Simu. I'm thinking of Lich.

Without Lich, and all the scripts players have made for it, GS would be practically unplayable for me, anymore!

But that comes down to the crux of the problem, as so many have stated - Simu doesn't pay devs, so nothing ever gets done. I've wasted away so many hours of my life trying to get things changed/fixed, and aside from the rare GM that would come around (and subsequently burn out.), nothing would ever get done.

My other beef, is that players will defend overpowered skills/spells to the death, rather than accepting balance. And what makes matters worse, is most class lead GM's (or whatever they call themselves...sorry, it's been a while) are vested in the class themselves, so they don't want to fix and balance anything. Even if 90% of all class improvements are good and needed, any that aren't typically get set in stone anyways, and never go away. Like, forgive my dated example because I haven't played in like 3 years, but that ridiculous spell they gave clerics that basically made them invincible - I'd be very surprised if they did a damn thing to balance that spell since I last played! And guess what?! I'm going to get negative feedback just for bringing it up!

And God forbid you try to get a skill or spell balanced on the official forums! I've garnered quite a bit of rage over the years on my balancing crusades. Granted, I'm always down to butt heads over that BS 609 spell!

As far as events and money sinks go - I've always seen that as an issue with this game. I've boycotted them since I first heard about them, and to this day have never ONCE paid for an event or a premie subscription. But people will continue to pay for those things, because silvers = $$$, and because for so many, GS is their life, so what else are they going to spend their money on?

But hey, no one wants to hear my opinions on how to fix it. I'll just get even more rage. But thankfully, it's not like this game is all bad - you don't need all the fancy baubles to succeed in this game. I was using plain jane 4x armor post cap for ages, and did just fine. And you can have the fanciest sword of death or god armor ever made, and my feras knife will kill you just the same.

~Midgar
    Last edited by Mobius1; 11-09-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius1 View Post
    In my opinion, the best addition to Gemstone, that has been done since like....GS4 came out, was not even done by Simu. I'm thinking of Lich.

Without Lich, and all the scripts players have made for it, GS would be practically unplayable for me, anymore!

But that comes down to the crux of the problem, as so many have stated - Simu doesn't pay devs, so nothing ever gets done. I've wasted away so many hours of my life trying to get things changed/fixed, and aside from the rare GM that would come around (and subsequently burn out.), nothing would ever get done.

My other beef, is that players will defend overpowered skills/spells to the death, rather than accepting balance. And what makes matters worse, is most class lead GM's (or whatever they call themselves...sorry, it's been a while) are vested in the class themselves, so they don't want to fix and balance anything. Even if 90% of all class improvements are good and needed, any that aren't typically get set in stone anyways, and never go away. Like, forgive my dated example because I haven't played in like 3 years, but that ridiculous spell they gave clerics that basically made them invincible - I'd be very surprised if they did a damn thing to balance that spell since I last played! And guess what?! I'm going to get negative feedback just for bringing it up!

And God forbid you try to get a skill or spell balanced on the official forums! I've garnered quite a bit of rage over the years on my balancing crusades. Granted, I'm always down to butt heads over that BS 609 spell!

As far as events and money sinks go - I've always seen that as an issue with this game. I've boycotted them since I first heard about them, and to this day have never ONCE paid for an event or a premie subscription. But people will continue to pay for those things, because silvers = $$$, and because for so many, GS is their life, so what else are they going to spend their money on?

But hey, no one wants to hear my opinions on how to fix it. I'll just get even more rage. But thankfully, it's not like this game is all bad - you don't need all the fancy baubles to succeed in this game. I was using plain jane 4x armor post cap for ages, and did just fine. And you can have the fanciest sword of death or god armor ever made, and my feras knife will kill you just the same.

~Midgar
    Simu doesn't know how to balance things even when they try. If they think a spell or something is OP, their solution is to nerf it into uselessness.

If X profession is trash, their solution is to nerf other professions instead of buffing X profession.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-09-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Simu doesn't know how to balance things even when they try. If they think a spell or something is OP, their solution is to nerf it into uselessness.

If X profession is trash, their solution is to nerf other professions instead of buffing X profession.
    The problem is, Wizards are the easiest profession to fuck with. They fuck with any other non-profession spell circle, they are hitting at least two professions. It is harder to balance things when you have to worry about how something will effect multiple professions rather than just one. That is why clerics are so fucking boring, they can't make the 200s better without making empaths even better, but they can't quite figure out how to fuck with the 300s in a way that'll make clerics happy.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    LOL. Yep, I'll wait for a PC locksmith as soon as they stop having RT for picking. Didn't Clairette ragequit anyway fairly recently?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    LOL. Yep, I'll wait for a PC locksmith as soon as they stop having RT for picking. Didn't Clairette ragequit anyway fairly recently?
    She was booted from discord for being an idiot, so probably. EG triggered the fuck out of her, and I guess she has decided to slather us with her rageposts instead of lnet now.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Hey, that was one of the things I tried to get changed! Lol, a group of us actually resorted to trying to block people from using Larton, which resulted in a GM spawning critters, and even a meteor storm.

But honestly, the issue with locksmithing has more to do with a lack of players, than anything else. You can genuinely want a player to pick your boxes, but 9.5 times out of 10, there won't be one around. But hey, maybe they could have a drop off box at the east tower....now that would be cool!
    Last edited by Mobius1; 11-09-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Btw, this is Clairette. I wasn't going to just say who it was but she us being such a giant douchbag in this thread, fuck her.
    I was getting those vibes when she started going off on rogue locksmithing.

Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    Easy. F2P alt that holds everyone's hands before Dreaven does. I already have a lich script to generate a F2P landing character. All I'd have to do is create a listening script for Dreavenings and run a grouping script when he announces not to join anyone. This can all be automated, and the characters are fresh burners, so Dreaven will have to fundamentally change how his script works. Or he could just stop being a blatant fascist. Choice is his.
    Last edited by Taernath; 11-09-2018 at 10:41 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.