Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 156

Thread: Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

  1. #61

    Default

    I don't think the Government stepping in and regulating is the answer we're all looking for. That's gonna fucking suck and it's an open invitation to cease or hold all production until something happens. Imagine the legal battle Simu would wage with your cash.

    It'd be a kickstarter funded by the players, for the players. Like SimuCon. Only it'll be legal fees for decades.

    Wyrom: "We're releasing an event after we hit $50,000. Darn Government regulations!"

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    Wyrom's post about the end of feeder-driven games was just after I was banned from Discord for posting memes about unregulated internet gambling. I submitted complaints to the Missouri Gaming Commission and the FTC. If you'd like to de-tangle slot machines from Gemstone, I suggest you do the same.
    Can you please copy/paste that complain you submitted to the Missouri Gaming Commission and the FTC.. because I think it would be hilarious.

    And we deserve to be entertained by this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk aka The Creepy Sponge View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  3. #63

    Default

    We should start a new thread "Things that made you cringe today."

    But it would just be filled with sellstuff1's posts.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post

    As a player, you have 4 options
    1) protest and quit

    2) protest and play

    3) be a tool and pretend everything is all right

    4) make some dollars out of it and quit BEFORE you lose too much value when it will fall down.
    ....or....brace yourself now....

    5) play the game because you enjoy it and stop playing when you no longer enjoy it.

    I pick this last option.
    Last edited by Candor; 11-05-2018 at 07:04 PM.

  5. Default

    I'll be glad to step in and ruin Dreavenings for you if you keep it up, fascist.

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    I'll be glad to step in and ruin Dreavenings for you if you keep it up, fascist.
    Oh no! Don't report me to the Missouri Gaming Commission and the FTC too!

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Oh no! Don't report me to the Missouri Gaming Commission and the FTC too!
    Maybe if you actually knew the laws involving internet gambling you'd agree with me.

    Unfortunately you'll just call this out as "fake news" and a "biased source" and give me some bullshit whatboutism in your reply, because you're a robot.

    http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?r...edition=prelim

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I don't think the Government stepping in and regulating is the answer we're all looking for. That's gonna fucking suck and it's an open invitation to cease or hold all production until something happens. Imagine the legal battle Simu would wage with your cash.

    It'd be a kickstarter funded by the players, for the players. Like SimuCon. Only it'll be legal fees for decades.

    Wyrom: "We're releasing an event after we hit $50,000. Darn Government regulations!"
    Is it legal to bet online in Missouri?
    State laws consider it a Class C misdemeanor to participate in gambling as a player outside of licensed facilities. Section 527.020 of the Missouri Revised Statutes lays it out plainly:

    572.020. 1. A person commits the crime of gambling if he knowingly engages in gambling.

    Gambling is a class C misdemeanor unless:
    (1) It is committed by a professional player, in which case it is a class D felony; or

    (2) The person knowingly engages in gambling with a minor, in which case it is a class B misdemeanor.

    A Class C misdemeanor in Missouri results in up to 15 days of jail time. It becomes a more serious Class D felony if you are considered a “professional” gambler with up to four years in jail.

    So the players themselves are breaking the law in Missouri by participating in events like DSD and sewers. The major players are committing felonies.
    Last edited by sellstuff1; 11-06-2018 at 06:16 AM.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    Is it legal to bet online in Missouri?
    State laws consider it a Class C misdemeanor to participate in gambling as a player outside of licensed facilities. Section 527.020 of the Missouri Revised Statutes lays it out plainly:

    572.020. 1. A person commits the crime of gambling if he knowingly engages in gambling.

    Gambling is a class C misdemeanor unless:
    (1) It is committed by a professional player, in which case it is a class D felony; or

    (2) The person knowingly engages in gambling with a minor, in which case it is a class B misdemeanor.

    A Class C misdemeanor in Missouri results in up to 15 days of jail time. It becomes a more serious Class D felony if you are considered a “professional” gambler with up to four years in jail.

    So the players themselves are breaking the law in Missouri by participating in events like DSD and sewers. The major players are committing felonies.

    It's not gambling. You always get a prize.
    Find me in game as Alastir
    Or on Discord as: Alastir#9661

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    4,053
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alastir View Post
    It's not gambling. You always get a prize.
    Not that I'm in any way agreeing with sellstuff but.....not claiming income to the IRS is a federal offense, even if I don't agree with taxing personal income.

    It's also probably not going to do a casino any good to eject a gumball with each pull of a slot machine and then claim it's no longer gambling.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 11-06-2018 at 07:27 AM.


    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •