Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 156

Thread: Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

  1. Default

    I agree with most of the people here when they speak about the business model of SIMU. People need to understand they don't randomly decides those stuff, they got direction from the Direction above them. They were told to act like they do and it's purely objective.

    When you analyze their way of handling the game, you get those facts:

    Game Dev and maintenance:

    1) almost no R&D (no agile team or swat team doing it, only small portions here and there to maintain some cohesion)
    2) low ingame supports (i.e. assists can take days)
    3) almost no ads (besides some random ones on FB)


    That means: lowest maintenance cost possible.

    Getting revenue:

    4) Wyrom admited it: 1 paid event per 2 months (GMs working on it get a share of the profit. Profit = people buying stuff from the store)
    5) High per month subs
    6) microtransactions for about everything

    That means: highest revenue possible.

    Whoever got some business studies or experience know this model is based on SHORT TERMS ONLY. It's like the 2-3 last years of those videostores era. They tried their best to sell asap and to cash out and cut everything else.
    As long as the + are more than the -, they will continue. They won't stop. They won't stop, repeat it until you believe it cause it's the damn truth.



    As a player, you have 4 options
    1) protest and quit

    2) protest and play

    3) be a tool and pretend everything is all right

    4) make some dollars out of it and quit BEFORE you lose too much value when it will fall down.


    Be smart, Don't fight the machine, play with it.
    Last edited by Murrandii; 11-03-2018 at 05:39 PM.

  2. #42

    Default

    "Pay into a system you disagree with for potential profits." Not guaranteed ones, just the potential. It's how we show them we disagree!11!1one

  3. Default

    I picked option #1. Yay me! Gemstone 4 may not be dying but that business model is going to kill it. They can't keep up this level profit gain without burning everything to the ground.

    Also, is Dragon Realms having this sort of problem too? I'm curious if they are trying kill off the text games to focus on their mobile market.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

    Newest Version: v2.6.4 (Released 1/27/2018
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,470
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    4) make some dollars out of it and quit BEFORE you lose too much value when it will fall down.
    The major difference between Simu and Blockbuster is that Simu has very little overhead and has a very loyal fanbase. Gemstone will continue indefinitely short of another Dragons of Elanthia bomb.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    I picked option #1. Yay me! Gemstone 4 may not be dying but that business model is going to kill it. They can't keep up this level profit gain without burning everything to the ground.

    Also, is Dragon Realms having this sort of problem too? I'm curious if they are trying kill off the text games to focus on their mobile market.
    Last thing I remember seeing of Dragon Realms was someone eating cheese and crying. So... pretty good outlook, all things considered.

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    Also, is Dragon Realms having this sort of problem too? I'm curious if they are trying kill off the text games to focus on their mobile market.
    I don't keep up much on DR but at the Simucon before the last the top dog at DR painted a very bleak picture of the state of DR. People think scripters in GS is bad? From the sounds of it almost everyone in DR is just constantly scripting everything with hardly any interaction between players. Also apparently the game is bleeding subscriptions fast, probably because everyone is scripting everything with hardly any interaction between players.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,470
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Last thing I remember seeing of Dragon Realms was someone eating cheese and crying. So... pretty good outlook, all things considered.
    I think you're thinking of Silvean in Modus.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I think you're thinking of Silvean in Modus.
    Oh, okay. Yeah... that.

  9. Default

    They are not trying to kill it GS. They are trying to get the most profit in the shortest time possible because it will eventually hit a wall, like every business.

    I work as a BA in TI, let's throw an analogy:

    You got your milk services like legacy landlines and stuff like that. It has a natural churn (attrition) pointing toward the floor, people leaving to get better stuff.


    Key is always to decrease the maintenance and R&D and keep the fees the highest possible until to a point people will call and ask options (in TI, could offer a cellular (but that too is having a churn, we're now into the cloud ways).

    If the company is in the stuck market, you can throw bundles to make as if you have a lot of customers (a customer with 4 services is better than 4 customers with 1 service). That artificially keep the legacy services alive longer.


    Here, there is no "options" offered by SIMU, no bundles besides some toys here and there to keep the frustration low.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    They are not trying to kill it GS. They are trying to get the most profit in the shortest time possible because it will eventually hit a wall, like every business.

    I work as a BA in TI, let's throw an analogy:

    You got your milk services like legacy landlines and stuff like that. It has a natural churn (attrition) pointing toward the floor, people leaving to get better stuff.


    Key is always to decrease the maintenance and R&D and keep the fees the highest possible until to a point people will call and ask options (in TI, could offer a cellular (but that too is having a churn, we're now into the cloud ways).

    If the company is in the stuck market, you can throw bundles to make as if you have a lot of customers (a customer with 4 services is better than 4 customers with 1 service). That artificially keep the legacy services alive longer.


    Here, there is no "options" offered by SIMU, no bundles besides some toys here and there to keep the frustration low.
    Gemstone isn’t going away anytime soon though. It’s unique because the kids playing in the 90’s and late 80’s are coming back for nostalgia and whatever and now they’re adults with their own CC’s. It was one of the first MMOs and probably will be one of the last.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •