Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

Blog Entries

rofl, people tried a boycott before. Shit didn't happen. You either had people outright refusing to do it, people saying they were going to do it but not doing, etc. The majority of people don't care, they just quit playing without fanfare.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I don't even think they'd give a shit unless it was during some paid event and nobody was attending. And even then I don't think they'd take the hint, those thick headed fucks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I don't even think they'd give a shit unless it was during some paid event and nobody was attending. And even then I don't think they'd take the hint, those thick headed fucks.
    They'd just make the prizes better. The people that drop big amounts of cash are never going to boycott.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    They'd just make the prizes better. The people that drop big amounts of cash are never going to boycott.
    Correct.

5. Default

Holy shit this thread is making me depressed.

The problem boils down to expectations and growth. It's literally a gold rush. Feeders aren't going away, but they won't be the driving force of these events. -Wyrom on 10/26.
    When are you going to use some of that feeder cash towards growth, Wyrom? It's like watching a guy dumping gasoline on himself and being pissy that someone might be smoking nearby.

What a faggot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    I've always found that amazing. Gemstone 4 has one of the worst pricing models of any online game. $15 a month for a text game is crazy, $40 for premium is even crazier. And that is to say nothing for multi-accounts and the microtransactions. The idea that you can pay $50 to go to a special event and almost never walk away with anything close to worthwhile is absolutely nuts. But people defend it by saying "its an investment" like it's a business transaction instead a fun in-game event. I swear some people forgot how much their money is worth while playing this game and that the game is supposed to be fun.

I've never seen the community come together against simu. Aside from the infighting between everyone, I don't think open communication with simu or the GMs is even possible. The GMs just ignore feedback and do whatever they want. You pretty much have to walk on egg shells on the officials when you say something negative too. People were mad over stuff like 620 or 1206 but you could tell that no one could really express how they felt. I won't call the officials "a safe space" but they sure as hell don't want anything on there but positive press. There is no way to hold the GMs or simu accountable. Only thing you can do is quit. It's really sad that this is the only option.
    It is an investment to a lot of people. They go to the event, try to rack up on whatever, then flip it for a profit.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    It is an investment to a lot of people. They go to the event, try to rack up on whatever, then flip it for a profit.
    I'm tempted to blame those people, but I know that happens with everything, video game or not. No, this simu's fault for enabling this sort of thing to such a high degree. Wouldn't be nearly as bad if, for example, it was possible to get a lot of the special gear from these events in the base game. Of course, we all know what would happen. You could get yourself a nice 3x low steel short sword after 10 years of continuous play.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.4 (Released 1/27/2018
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    I'm tempted to blame those people, but I know that happens with everything, video game or not. No, this simu's fault for enabling this sort of thing to such a high degree. Wouldn't be nearly as bad if, for example, it was possible to get a lot of the special gear from these events in the base game. Of course, we all know what would happen. You could get yourself a nice 3x low steel short sword after 10 years of continuous play.
    Low steel is naturally 6x, btw.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Low steel is naturally 6x, btw.
    This version can be called lower steel then! After enough quests, it slowly upgrades to low steel! Quests happen 1/month or you can buy quest orb to speed up the process!
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.4 (Released 1/27/2018
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code