Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 156

Thread: Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

  1. Default

    I think it’s these handful of whales everyones talking about, the people that drop $10,000+ on the game a year. They must be at least 33% of all revenue coming into Simu. Throw in the low/mid-tier whales who drop at least $1000 on the game a year and you’re looking at 75% of the revenue source coming from less than 100 unique players. If you ever want to see how a story like this ends look no further than 3rd world countries with a Gini coefficient of .99.

    I bet Wyrom has a list of the top 100 ‘most important’ accounts delineated by $ spent complete with main character names attached.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,470
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Then again if there is a single player dropping $1000+ a month on the game, how many Rohese’s is he worth monetarily?
    They realized they don't have to market their product to their entire customer base, they can just focus on the 10% of customers who buy 80% of their product. It's why they've never cared about advertising. The people who spent thousands-per-festival aren't about to leave.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  3. Default

    Have we ever done a boycott as a community? I know this game is like 30+ years old hence why I’m asking. And before we get all “but my game...” I think a couple months walkout by a few hundred accounts will be all the push-back Simu needs to at least roll-back these microtrans/slots events. It’ll be healthier for the game in the long-term and it maybe will be enough to shock them into looking elsewhere for their money, “omg?! what do they want? Bug fixes?! Savants?! Disarm fix?!”

  4. #14

    Default

    If Simu would stop being such cheap assholes and hire even just one full time dev, most of these complaints would go away overnight.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-03-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    4,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Have we ever done a boycott as a community? I know this game is like 30+ years old hence why I’m asking. And before we get all “but my game...” I think a couple months walkout by a few hundred accounts will be all the push-back Simu needs to at least roll-back these microtrans/slots events. It’ll be healthier for the game in the long-term and it maybe will be enough to shock them into looking elsewhere for their money, “omg?! what do they want? Bug fixes?! Savants?! Disarm fix?!”
    It would have to be advertised a month or so ahead of a set date. Make regular reminders on the PC, on lnet, on the FB group, and on discord. Start group protests in game (this is actually fun, we did it once in RR to get a registrar).


    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,470
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Have we ever done a boycott as a community? I know this game is like 30+ years old hence why I’m asking. And before we get all “but my game...” I think a couple months walkout by a few hundred accounts will be all the push-back Simu needs to at least roll-back these microtrans/slots events. It’ll be healthier for the game in the long-term and it maybe will be enough to shock them into looking elsewhere for their money, “omg?! what do they want? Bug fixes?! Savants?! Disarm fix?!”
    I've said it elsewhere but I don't think you'll find a few hundred who agree that the business practices are an issue let alone be willing to cancel their subs.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I've said it elsewhere but I don't think you'll find a few hundred who agree that the business practices are an issue let alone be willing to cancel their subs.
    I've always found that amazing. Gemstone 4 has one of the worst pricing models of any online game. $15 a month for a text game is crazy, $40 for premium is even crazier. And that is to say nothing for multi-accounts and the microtransactions. The idea that you can pay $50 to go to a special event and almost never walk away with anything close to worthwhile is absolutely nuts. But people defend it by saying "its an investment" like it's a business transaction instead a fun in-game event. I swear some people forgot how much their money is worth while playing this game and that the game is supposed to be fun.

    I've never seen the community come together against simu. Aside from the infighting between everyone, I don't think open communication with simu or the GMs is even possible. The GMs just ignore feedback and do whatever they want. You pretty much have to walk on egg shells on the officials when you say something negative too. People were mad over stuff like 620 or 1206 but you could tell that no one could really express how they felt. I won't call the officials "a safe space" but they sure as hell don't want anything on there but positive press. There is no way to hold the GMs or simu accountable. Only thing you can do is quit. It's really sad that this is the only option.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

    Newest Version: v2.6.4 (Released 1/27/2018
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    I've always found that amazing. Gemstone 4 has one of the worst pricing models of any online game. $15 a month for a text game is crazy, $40 for premium is even crazier. And that is to say nothing for multi-accounts and the microtransactions. The idea that you can pay $50 to go to a special event and almost never walk away with anything close to worthwhile is absolutely nuts. But people defend it by saying "its an investment" like it's a business transaction instead a fun in-game event. I swear some people forgot how much their money is worth while playing this game and that the game is supposed to be fun.

    I've never seen the community come together against simu. Aside from the infighting between everyone, I don't think open communication with simu or the GMs is even possible. The GMs just ignore feedback and do whatever they want. You pretty much have to walk on egg shells on the officials when you say something negative too. People were mad over stuff like 620 or 1206 but you could tell that no one could really express how they felt. I won't call the officials "a safe space" but they sure as hell don't want anything on there but positive press. There is no way to hold the GMs or simu accountable. Only thing you can do is quit. It's really sad that this is the only option.

  9. #19

    Default


    This is the last year of feeder-driven games. - Wyrom on 10/25.

    The problem boils down to expectations and growth. It's literally a gold rush. Feeders aren't going away, but they won't be the driving force of these events. -Wyrom on 10/26.


    I wish that I could believe that these statements are an encouraging signal about the direction they are going to take events, or EG at least. But frankly, I don't. They just make me wonder what the next cash-grab micro transaction model is going to be. Something tells me it will be just as egregious, merely different.
    Last edited by Avaia; 11-03-2018 at 01:34 PM.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post

    This is the last year of feeder-driven games. - Wyrom on 10/25.

    The problem boils down to expectations and growth. It's literally a gold rush. Feeders aren't going away, but they won't be the driving force of these events. -Wyrom on 10/26.


    I wish that I could believe that these statements are an encouraging signal about the direction they are going to take events, or EG at least. But frankly, I don't. They just make me wonder what the next cash-grab micro transaction model is going to be. Something tells me it will be just as egregious, merely different.
    I predict more customization of your existing gear with some element of gambling added to it. Almost certain 75% of Wyrom’s waking hours is used to come up with new ways to extract money from a locked-addicted populace. I suppose that’s his job but the game cheapens every time he does it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •