Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Things we wish Simutronics would fix (but they probably won't)

If Simu would stop being such cheap assholes and hire even just one full time dev, most of these complaints would go away overnight.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-03-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Have we ever done a boycott as a community? I know this game is like 30+ years old hence why I’m asking. And before we get all “but my game...” I think a couple months walkout by a few hundred accounts will be all the push-back Simu needs to at least roll-back these microtrans/slots events. It’ll be healthier for the game in the long-term and it maybe will be enough to shock them into looking elsewhere for their money, “omg?! what do they want? Bug fixes?! Savants?! Disarm fix?!”
    It would have to be advertised a month or so ahead of a set date. Make regular reminders on the PC, on lnet, on the FB group, and on discord. Start group protests in game (this is actually fun, we did it once in RR to get a registrar).

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Have we ever done a boycott as a community? I know this game is like 30+ years old hence why I’m asking. And before we get all “but my game...” I think a couple months walkout by a few hundred accounts will be all the push-back Simu needs to at least roll-back these microtrans/slots events. It’ll be healthier for the game in the long-term and it maybe will be enough to shock them into looking elsewhere for their money, “omg?! what do they want? Bug fixes?! Savants?! Disarm fix?!”
    I've said it elsewhere but I don't think you'll find a few hundred who agree that the business practices are an issue let alone be willing to cancel their subs.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I've said it elsewhere but I don't think you'll find a few hundred who agree that the business practices are an issue let alone be willing to cancel their subs.
    I've always found that amazing. Gemstone 4 has one of the worst pricing models of any online game. $15 a month for a text game is crazy, $40 for premium is even crazier. And that is to say nothing for multi-accounts and the microtransactions. The idea that you can pay $50 to go to a special event and almost never walk away with anything close to worthwhile is absolutely nuts. But people defend it by saying "its an investment" like it's a business transaction instead a fun in-game event. I swear some people forgot how much their money is worth while playing this game and that the game is supposed to be fun.

I've never seen the community come together against simu. Aside from the infighting between everyone, I don't think open communication with simu or the GMs is even possible. The GMs just ignore feedback and do whatever they want. You pretty much have to walk on egg shells on the officials when you say something negative too. People were mad over stuff like 620 or 1206 but you could tell that no one could really express how they felt. I won't call the officials "a safe space" but they sure as hell don't want anything on there but positive press. There is no way to hold the GMs or simu accountable. Only thing you can do is quit. It's really sad that this is the only option.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

This is the last year of feeder-driven games. - Wyrom on 10/25.

The problem boils down to expectations and growth. It's literally a gold rush. Feeders aren't going away, but they won't be the driving force of these events. -Wyrom on 10/26.

I wish that I could believe that these statements are an encouraging signal about the direction they are going to take events, or EG at least. But frankly, I don't. They just make me wonder what the next cash-grab micro transaction model is going to be. Something tells me it will be just as egregious, merely different.
    Last edited by Avaia; 11-03-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Blog Entries

rofl, people tried a boycott before. Shit didn't happen. You either had people outright refusing to do it, people saying they were going to do it but not doing, etc. The majority of people don't care, they just quit playing without fanfare.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I don't even think they'd give a shit unless it was during some paid event and nobody was attending. And even then I don't think they'd take the hint, those thick headed fucks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I don't even think they'd give a shit unless it was during some paid event and nobody was attending. And even then I don't think they'd take the hint, those thick headed fucks.
    They'd just make the prizes better. The people that drop big amounts of cash are never going to boycott.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    They'd just make the prizes better. The people that drop big amounts of cash are never going to boycott.
    Correct.

The problem boils down to expectations and growth. It's literally a gold rush. Feeders aren't going away, but they won't be the driving force of these events. -Wyrom on 10/26.
    When are you going to use some of that feeder cash towards growth, Wyrom? It's like watching a guy dumping gasoline on himself and being pissy that someone might be smoking nearby.

What a faggot.