Thread: Any interesting uses of 1625 infuse since update?

1. Default Any interesting uses of 1625 infuse since update?

Just curious if anyone has found fun ways to make use of INFUSE since the update back in September?

My paladin is only 65 with no arcane symbols and just 30 ranks of Religion and 20 summoning and I am trying to figure out where I should be putting my points next.

I think I have 4 realistic options:

Get Spirit Mana Control to 25.

I'm at 120 and 1640 for spells. I could put points to get 1650 by 75.

I could keep pumping points into summoning to better infuse 1615 into my weapon.

I could start and aim for some amount of arcane symbols to imbue something fun/useful that we couldn't before?

Any ideas would be helpful.

Here are his skills:

Armor Use..........................| 250 150
    Shield Use.........................| 232 132
    Combat Maneuvers...................| 167 67
    Edged Weapons......................| 234 134
    Ambush.............................| 105 25
    Multi Opponent Combat..............| 155 55
    Physical Fitness...................| 167 67
    Harness Power......................| 162 62
    Spirit Mana Control................| 78 17
    Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 120 30
    Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 90 20
    Perception.........................| 140 40
    Climbing...........................| 120 30
    Swimming...........................| 90 20

Spell Lists
    Minor Spiritual....................| 20

Spell Lists
    Paladin............................| 40

Honestly, I did the full 1x AS thing for a few weeks to test this out. It's neat, but it just wasn't ultimately worth it.

If you could instantly transfer multiple charges into the weapon instead of one at a time with RT every time- that would help. It got kind of annoying infusing over and over again.

But ultimately there weren't many spells that I had a high enough CS for. And it takes A LOT of lore to use powerful spells like 317 with a CS that has any chance of being truly viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    This isn’t entirely true at least from my testing. It’s true the Warding based spells are touch-n-go roll dependent and thus aren’t too useful. But spells like 709/710/610 (ridiculously effective, don’t tell rangers)/609 (same as 610 but only undead)/607(-20 DS guaranteed debuff)/and 1704 are all excellent. Anything level/stance/cman or “just works” based in general will be solid. The only problem is since you can only dish out 2 or 3 of these spells in a hunt they become very situational. Mainly reserved for things you want to kill fast.
    I'm glad you came in with that perspective. I felt bad writing what I wrote because a lot of hard work went into this system, and they wouldn't have done it without a great reason.

So it's good to hear that you've found ways to leverage the system better than I did.

Funny thing is, I've been trying to decide what I want to do next for training. I just finished 3xing armor use. I'm still tempted to pick up AS ranks again for the spellburst and scroll utility. I didn't really try maneuver based spells, so that gives me an added reason to try it out one more time.

i have corrupt essence infused into my flail, for when i need to keep a caster from casting, and i also use 1614 via blink

i also have been looking for 607 ( sounds scrolls)
    Last edited by loxe; 11-01-2018 at 06:02 PM.

5. Default

Great! Thanks everyone for providing your input. I think I'm probably closer to a blink weapon than getting enough training to really make the infuse portion of 1625 anything more than fun to play with. I currently run with 1615 in it and its nice to just store the mana on occasion.

I know there is no 'right' answer but does it sound like a solid plan to get SMC to 25 then spells to 1650? I thought points were going to open up when I stopped 3x in armor but man they still seem so tight.

Why would you 3x in armor?! You only really need to get into full plate when you’re pushing on 70ish.
    1) There's a significant maneuver defense bonus you get for overtraining in armor

2) I like being able to cast 117 at will
    Last edited by time4fun; 11-01-2018 at 11:17 PM.

7. Default

Why would you 3x in armor?! You only really need to get into full plate when you’re pushing on 70ish.
    Assuming you are speaking to me...I thought the wisdom was for both warriors and paladins to 3x armor and get into plate as fast as possible? It certainly has been nice the few times I get hit...although that is pretty rare in my current and last several hunting grounds now that I get the occasional bounty for Krag Yetis they hit me quite regularly so walking away with a bunch of minors is definitely preferable to getting smooshed in a lighter armor.

What would you have put the armor TPs into instead?

He was talking to me. Vish is capped, and he wasn't sure why I went for armor use beyond 150.

For those who don't know, 280 armor use ranks reduces your armor action penalty from -35 to -19. That factors into dodging various maneuvers in the game (it's about the same protection going from 1x-2x PT gives you).

And going to 290, let's you get your minor spiritual hindrance down to 10% (with fluidity).

It also helps with redux.
    Last edited by time4fun; 11-02-2018 at 10:00 AM.

9. Default

Well. I also had 30 ranks in Religion for the kneeling. I just sacrificed the SMC and blessing lore. I think I'll start on blessing lore after I get summoning to 40 and 1650. Can't think of really anything else to get. The more I hear people talk about INFUSE from scrolls...idk. Might be too much of a headache for too little pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason13828 View Post
    Well. I also had 30 ranks in Religion for the kneeling. I just sacrificed the SMC and blessing lore. I think I'll start on blessing lore after I get summoning to 40 and 1650. Can't think of really anything else to get. The more I hear people talk about INFUSE from scrolls...idk. Might be too much of a headache for too little pay off.
    I will say this: you do want either 1x MIU or 1x AS for utility and spell burst. So if you're considering the infuse expansion, just start working on AS