Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1206 jackpot

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    F2P wasn't a failure, btw.
    Oh sorry, I should have been a little more clear about what I meant. I'm sure F2P has gotten more players to come to GS4 but it by far the worst F2P model I've seen in an online game. There was more concern about how to implement F2P to nickle and dime people than there was to give potential buyers a good taste of the game. The list on what limits the player has are staggering and the fact that you can buy a temporary pass for every limit just screams "greed". Not to mention you can't downgrade to F2P from basic or premium. Can't image why. None of the feedback the player base gave on F2P was used by simu. I don't think any improvements in the model have happened since it was made. If the model was better, we could get more new blood into Gemstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    You guys think we’re being a tad pessimistic with 1206? Any of you think that Savants are in the works and they’re trying to surprise us?
    Nope. Not at all. The 4th post in the announcement topic by Estild even says that it isn't a prelude to Savants and that "more thank just monks" can gain access to it. No real explanation was given on why they bothered to create a spell that would be used by a profession they are not working or by a profession that can't used it at all. A lot of people wondered if this was done a SK 1206 for a paid event. Turns out it was completely true. It's an impressively new low for simu.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    Nope. Not at all. The 4th post in the announcement topic by Estild even says that it isn't a prelude to Savants and that "more thank just monks" can gain access to it. No real explanation was given on why they bothered to create a spell that would be used by a profession they are not working or by a profession that can't used it at all. A lot of people wondered if this was done a SK 1206 for a paid event. Turns out it was completely true. It's an impressively new low for simu.
    Putting this spell in the monk circle just to cash in on a SK item is indeed the shittiest most used car salesman bullshit Simu has ever pulled. Even more than that billing fiasco from years ago when they fucked everyone's shit up when they changed the way their billing cycle works.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Wyrom/Estild/Whoever else gives zero fucks about the game other than squeezing out more dollars for Stillfront/Whatley/themselves (through bonus checks). The sooner you understand this, the sooner you’ll be able to enjoy what’s left of the game. And I still do think you can enjoy it as long as you play to actually play.
    That's just not true. I'm sorry, but it's not.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Putting this spell in the monk circle just to cash in on a SK item is indeed the shittiest most used car salesman bullshit Simu has ever pulled. Even more than that billing fiasco from years ago when they fucked everyone's shit up when they changed the way their billing cycle works.
    I wasn't around for the first one you mentioned, but the main reason I first quit (other than just generally not having time to play) was the damn billing thing that double charged my account without notice and overdrew me. That was some shady shit right there. I didn't come back until 2009, for a couple months, and then not again until 2015.

They overdrew my account one day, and waited until a day AFTER that to send an email out saying "blah blah blah our lawyer said we have to do billing this way now so yesterday we charged you double also FUCK YOU". I'm still mad about that.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 11-01-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    And how do you propose doing that? Not healing them in TSC?
    That's a thing?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Yeah, and I was actually on the company's side with fixing that when it happened, but that's not the point. The point is that it only took 20-30 people complaining for them to reverse their course rather than deal with potentially 20-30 people demanding refunds on goods or services that were advertised and then pulled. Perception is everything, and it really didn't take that large of a monetary threat for them to be swayed.
    The amount of people complaining was incidental. IIRC Wyrom said the entire reason the price thing happened was because he was tired and forgot something, then realized his mistake when he saw the amount of items being sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    That's a thing?
    You haven't truly lived until an empath has threatened to use their influence to get the entire empath community refuse to heal you.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    The amount of people complaining was incidental. IIRC Wyrom said the entire reason the price thing happened was because he was tired and forgot something, then realized his mistake when he saw the amount of items being sold.
    He also didn't mean those things he said about the PC, he was on Ambien.

I wish they would at the least create new hunting areas. something challenging and puts out valuable stuff. just make it crazy hard.

9. Default

If we're gonna continue this, we really ought to move it to a different thread. We did this in this poor guy's sales thread. That's largely my fault. Sorry, savvi.

10. Default

I'd settle for them fixing disarm weapon loss. But given how things have been going with new systems, I'm willing to bet that it will some how be tied to some idiotic item drop or require a inconveniently large amount of waiting time. You know, like enchanting flaring weapons, casting resist nature on metal armors, or the W/P/S smithy.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code