Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: weight less than a pound

I lied. It’s actualy 160 coins per pound. I must have pulled the 8 from the half pound weight being 80 coins. Not that it makes that much of a difference.

So the kilt in question is half a pound. Onward to the next existential crisis!
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    So the kilt in question is half a pound. Onward to the next existential crisis!
    Other half pound items include an acantha leaf, an acantha leaf bundle (40 max) and a steel dagger.

Today's Quiz:

How much does an off-the-shelf mithril dagger weigh?

Mark

4. Default

Dont all items that weigh less than 2 pounds only weight 1/2 pound (except gems, which weight 1/10 of a pound).

Thats been my experience, I dont recall running into actual 1 pound items - its either .1 pound, .5 pound, or 2 pound.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    Dont all items that weigh less than 2 pounds only weight 1/2 pound (except gems, which weight 1/10 of a pound).

Thats been my experience, I dont recall running into actual 1 pound items - its either .1 pound, .5 pound, or 2 pound.
    Code:
    >wealth
    You have 3751 coins with you.

>get coin
    You gather the remaining coin.
    >wealth
    You have 3752 coins with you.
    >encum
    Your load is a bit heavy, but you feel confident that the weight is not affecting your actions very much.

You drop one silver.
    >wealth
    You have 3751 coins with you.
    >encum
    You adjust your gear comfortably and feel satisfied that you are not encumbered enough to notice.

You remove a mithril dagger from in the translucent coffin.
    >encum
    Your load is a bit heavy, but you feel confident that the weight is not affecting your actions very much.

>drop 15 silver
    You drop 15 silvers.
    >encum

>drop 1 silver
    You drop one silver.
    >encum
    You adjust your gear comfortably and feel satisfied that you are not encumbered enough to notice.
    >wealth
    You have 3735 coins with you.

3751 - 3735 = 16 silvers = weight of mithril dagger = 0.1 pound

The 0.1 pound dagger weight also applies to other daggers with weight modifiers less than 100% (imflass, vultite, bronze etc.) purchased off-the-shelf. I don't know if this modified weight applies to all mithril and other light material daggers obtained from different sources.

Mark

6. Default

Kilts are fluff! If you're that worried about the encumbrance mechanic that you're worrying about tenths of a pound, you should already be freeballing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riltus View Post
    Other half pound items include an acantha leaf, an acantha leaf bundle (40 max) and a steel dagger.

Today's Quiz:

How much does an off-the-shelf mithril dagger weigh?

Mark
    Well if a steel dagger is .5 lbs, then a mithril dagger should weigh 90% of that, or .45 lbs, eh?

...unless that steel dagger is max light OTS, in which case the mithril one would also be .5, I suppose
    Last edited by khorpulent; 11-01-2018 at 09:55 AM.