Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Mail Bombs

Default Mail Bombs

Ok, so the whole bomb thing needs it's own thread so here it is.

Here is a very decent commentary about them and the response.

I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

It is just strange to me, one with the timing, two not a single one of them has gone off. We aren't lucky enough to not have a single one detonate.

Also, according to a bunch of Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection classes I've taken while in... This guy just made the biggest prototypical mail bomb package. His package literally looks exactly like what it says to look out for. It is almost as if he looked at the manuals and said "My package will look like that." Grease stains, misspellings, excess postage. He couldn't have made it more obvious unless he wrote "THIS IS A BOMB" on the damn things.
    Last edited by Gelston; 10-25-2018 at 03:17 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It is just strange to me, one with the timing, two not a single one of them has gone off. We aren't lucky enough to not have a single one detonate.

Also, according to a bunch of Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection classes I've taken while in... This guy just made the biggest prototypical mail bomb package. His package literally looks exactly like what it says to look out for. It is almost as if he looked at the manuals and said "My package will look like that." Grease stains, misspellings, excess postage. He couldn't have made it more obvious unless he wrote "THIS IS A BOMB" on the damn things.
    Agreed.

The bombs look very prop worthy. We'll know after a full investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post

Some bomb experts are saying the thing looks silly. One guy said the wires shouldn't be exposed outside of the bomb and they could have used a much smaller timer and put that inside the bomb also so the whole thing is inside the pipe. Instead someone was able to pull the pipe bomb out of the package and take a picture of it, not to mention it looks like an ISIS flag is wrapped around it, wires are on the outside, and a larger timer is on the outside also. It looks like a typical cartoon/movie prop bomb.

Blog Entries

I'm really leaning towards this being a false flag. Not a sanctioned one, mind you, but some idiot doing it on their own.

They have so much evidence on them though, I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't surveilling the person that is responsible right now.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I heard through an anonymous source that it was cwolff.

The timeline is consistent with his PC absence, so it's probably true.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-25-2018 at 03:31 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I heard through an anonymous source that it was cwolff.

The timeline is consistent with his PC absence, so it's probably true.
    That's more than enough evidence for the left to convict someone. I say let's throw'em in jail!

Andre 3000 and Big Boi are responsible. Case closed. You're welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Some bomb experts are saying the thing looks silly. One guy said the wires shouldn't be exposed outside of the bomb and they could have used a much smaller timer and put that inside the bomb also so the whole thing is inside the pipe. Instead someone was able to pull the pipe bomb out of the package and take a picture of it, not to mention it looks like an ISIS flag is wrapped around it, wires are on the outside, and a larger timer is on the outside also. It looks like a typical cartoon/movie prop bomb.
    I really like that the bomb maker had red wire for positive and black wire for negative, like the bomb won't work if you use the same color of wire.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I really like that the bomb maker had red wire for positive and black wire for negative, like the bomb won't work if you use the same color of wire.
    Fuck, okay. I wasn't the only one who saw that.