Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not 100% sure what this is... T6 find (a coral-fused chest)

[LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

[Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"

[Private]-GSIV:Warclaidh: "what is booty percs"

Yet Simu still can't figure out how to make an in game mail system.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Pretty soon the reasoning will be 'there are plenty of paid event iems that serve the same purpose so there's no need for a dedicated system'.
    Last edited by Taernath; 10-22-2018 at 11:50 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

It was the CoD part of it that screwed it all up. I believe it was a bug where you could send something with a negative CoD and get that money instantly or something.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It was the CoD part of it that screwed it all up. I believe it was a bug where you could send something with a negative CoD and get that money instantly or something.
    If CoD < 1 then silvers = 0

Or something. I barely know shit about coding but that's what I'd do and I bet Simu are being liarfaces.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-22-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Blog Entries

Or something. I barely know shit about coding but that's what I'd do and I bet Simu are being liarfaces.
    I have always had a suspicion that at some point when the rights were transferred from one hand to the other that the original coders "privatized" their coding. So instead of COD being the definition it would be some fucked up thing like kljhnfead87 as a definition which can make it suck ass when editing. It was pretty common for coders to do this in the early days as a way to protect their work. This is probably even more probable considering they contract their work, piss the coder off and they go through and change all definition names before leaving their position.

It can get pretty mind bending when you're trying to work with code that's been patched 100's of times over a 30 year period.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 10-22-2018 at 12:33 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

I think it is more about the issue ballooning into something bigger and the guy coding it isn't on staff anymore.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I have always had a suspicion that at some point when the rights were transferred from one hand to the other that the original coders "privatized" their coding. So instead of COD being the definition it would be some fucked up thing like kljhnfead87 as a definition which can make it suck ass when editing. It was pretty common for coders to do this in the early days as a way to protect their work. This is probably even more probable considering they contract their work, piss the coder off and they go through and change all definition names before leaving their position.

It can get pretty mind bending when you're trying to work with code that's been patched 100's of times over a 30 year period.
    If only Simu did things like pay their staff for the work they do...

Blog Entries

If only Simu did things like pay their staff for the work they do...
    Pile that on top of spending a day coding an item that gets auctioned off and the player buying the item selling it for much more than the coder made creating the item.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984