Thread: Planetarium Lantern, all 4 seasons

Default Planetarium Lantern, all 4 seasons

an ornate square alum lantern - SOLD

Fitted with a large metallic ring at its peak, the alum lantern is ornately designed with small filigree designs in the form of autumn leaves, snowflakes, wildflowers, and sheathes of wheat. Three of the lanterns four panels are completely darkened, while the fourth is fashioned of clear glass. A tiny cage beneath the lantern houses metallic screens that have that have oddly punched holes in them, and a short missive is etched across the glass.

There appears to be something written on it.

In the Common language, it reads:
    Summer ~ Fall ~ Winter ~ Spring

>peer in lantern
    Beneath the lantern is a tiny cage that houses several screens. Tiny etchings at the bottom of each piece label them and read: Screen 1- The First (Lumnae 16 - 30), Screen 2- The Crystal (Koaratos 1 - 14), Screen 3- The Huntress (i.e., Krrska) (Koaratos 15 - 29), Screen 4- The Guardian (Koaratos 30 - Phoenatos 13), Screen 5- The Sun God (Phoenatos 14 - Phoenatos 27), Screen 6- The Wagon (Phoenatos 28 - Imaerasata 11), Screen 7- The Queen of Enlightenment (Imaerasta 12 - 25), Screen 8- The Trident (Imaerasta 26 - Jastatos 10), Screen 9- The Jackal (Jastatos 11 - 25), Screen 10- The Gryphon (Jastatos 26 - Eoanatos 8), Screen 11- The Lady of the Green (Eoanatos 9 - 23), Screen 12- The Bat (Eoanatos 24 - Eorgaen 4), Screen 13- The Paladin (Eorgaen 8th to the 22nd), Screen 14- The Gates (Eorgaen 23rd to Lormesta 6th), Screen 15- The Grandfather's Eye (Lormesta 7th to Lormesta 20th), Screen 16- The Ur-Daemon (Lormeta 21st to Fashanos 4th), Screen 17- Arachne (Fashanos 5th to the 18th), Screen 18- The Unicorn (Fashanos 19th to Charlatos 5th), Screen 19- The Spire ( Charlatos 6th to Charlatos 20th), Screen 20- The Handmaidens (Charlatos 21 - Olaesta 3), Screen 21- The Hammer (Olaesta 4 - Olaesta 18), Screen 22- The Cat's Paw (Olaesta 19 - Ivastaen 2), Screen 23- The Mistress of Adoration (Ivastaen 3 - 17), Screen 24- The Rat (Ivastaen 18 - Lumnae 1), and Screen 25- The Dragonfly (Lumnae 2 - Lumnae 15).

Clearly, the different constellations can be displayed by changing screens. You can accomplish this by turning the lantern and specifying the number of the desired screen.

Usage:
    TURN [MY] lantern (makes it flicker)
    TURN [MY] lantern TO SCREEN {num} (sets the lantern to use the {num} screen)
    TURN [MY] lantern TO SCREEN 0 (removes the screen that may already be in place)

>turn my lant
    You turn your square alum lantern, causing the light within to flicker.
    >turn my lant to screen 24
    With nimble fingers you pull a screen from the bottom of your square alum lantern and fit it across the glass door of your lantern. You notice that the screen is numbered "24" and labeled "The Rat (Ivastaen 18 - Lumnae 1)".
    >raise my lantern
    You lift your square alum lantern into the air and are rewarded with the silhouette of a constellation upon the ground. Pinholes in the lantern's screen depict the pentagon shape of the Rat constellation, which connects to two more points to create a slender tale. Totaling seven in all, the candlelit holes in the screen create whiskers and rounded ears for the tiny rodent.
    >turn my lant to screen 0
    You remove the screen and return it to the bottom of the square alum lantern.
    Last edited by Zaigh; 10-14-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Player of Durakar

bump, MB lowered to 15m
    Player of Durakar