Thread: T3 Fool Fancy Sheath - New at EG Digging prize

Default T3 Fool Fancy Sheath - New at EG Digging prize

Got one dug up out of a jeweled box, unlocked to T3 of T4. With unlocking offered at EG, you may get the chance to take this to T4 during service week.

a glossy snake skin sheath - belt worn

edit: I had forgotten to have this sung to, I just did, and it is much nicer than I first thought. It has giantman charges, persists, 5 edged weapon BONUS. This greatly changes it's value IMO.

You analyze your snake skin sheath and sense that the creator has provided the following information:

Your snake skin sheath is part of the Fancy Sheath group and will give special messaging that is of a clumsy nature.

It has Three tiers out of Four possible, which allows access to the following verbs: clean, cover, drop, fold, gaze, get, pull*, push**, spin, remove, tap, and wear
    *Toggles Inventory Display On
    **Toggles Inventory Display Off

Customizing this item is easy enough. It may have the following areas customized:
    Throat (current setting is silver)
    Inset Gemstone (current setting is garnet)
    Material Descriptor (current setting is snake skin)
    Strap Descriptor (current setting is suede)

If you GIRD SET (weapon) and use READY LIST to select sheath as your SHEATH, then GIRD, READY, SHEATH and STOW give the special messaging of Fancy Sheath.

You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the snake skin sheath for you or deepen its pockets.

holds one weapon.

Messaging implies general clumsiness and inexperience, so it seems to be the Fool style one, at least on a wizard with no weapon training. I was able to get the more proficient messaging at some points, you'll see down below the wear/remove specifically.

>remove shea
    You deftly unfasten your snake skin sheath from your hip with barely a sound.
    >wear shea
    You deftly fasten your snake skin sheath on your hip with barely a sound.

Claudaro deftly unfastens his snake skin sheath from his hip with barely a sound.
    >
    Claudaro deftly fastens his snake skin sheath on his hip with barely a sound.

>clean shea
    You buff your snake skin sheath, enhancing the healthy luster of its supple snake skin.
    >cover shea
    You pantomime the motion of drawing a weapon from your snake skin sheath with cunning abandon.

Claudaro buffs his snake skin sheath, enhancing the healthy luster of its supple snake skin.
    >
    Claudaro pantomimes the motion of drawing a weapon from his snake skin sheath with cunning abandon.

>gaze shea
    You admire the way the garnet inset in your snake skin sheath catches the reflected light.
    >get shea
    You already have that.
    >get sword from shea
    You slowly draw your short sword from your snake skin sheath and hold it close, wary of the dangers before you.

Claudaro admires the way the garnet in his snake skin sheath catches the reflected light.
    >
    Claudaro slowly draws his short sword from his snake skin sheath and holds it close, wary of the dangers before him.

>spin shea
    As you make some adjustments to your snake skin sheath, you fumble clumsily and nearly manage to drop it.
    >remove shea
    After what seems like an eternity of fumbling, you finally manage to unfasten your snake skin sheath from your hip.

As Claudaro makes some adjustments to his snake skin sheath, he fumbles clumsily and nearly manages to drop it.
    >
    After what seems like an eternity of fumbling, Claudaro finally manages to unfasten his snake skin sheath from his hip.

>tap shea You rap your knuckles on your snake skin sheath nervously, looking rather anxious. > Claudaro raps his knuckles on snake skin sheath nervously, looking rather anxious.

>pull shea
    You tighten the suede straps on your snake skin sheath so that it hangs higher on your hip.

Claudaro tightens the suede straps on his snake skin sheath so it hangs higher on his hip.

>push shea
    You loosen the suede straps on your snake skin sheath so that it falls lower on your hip.

Claudaro loosens the suede straps on his snake skin sheath so it falls lower on his hip.

>get sword
    You carefully check that your snake skin sheath is still there before drawing your short sword from it.

Claudaro carefully checks that his snake skin sheath is still there before drawing his short sword from it.

>wear shea You fasten your snake skin sheath on your hip and fumble with the suede straps until you finally manage to secure it in place.

>remove shea After what seems like an eternity of fumbling, you finally manage to unfasten your snake skin sheath from your hip. >wear shea

Basically, a new item at EG that's already been partially unlocked, with a chance for the final unlock during the event. Based on the messaging being different (being successful/fumbling) based on an unknown factor, it seems pretty neat, but that said, I play a wizard, so not very likely to get much use from me.

Not sure where I am with price on this, being right now the prize hopper is the only source of an unlocked one. Open to offers, wow me.
    Last edited by Chaumel; 10-12-2018 at 11:57 PM.

bump

3. Default

I’d be interested depending on price, it’s interesting. I hate that it only holds one weapon, but I still like it. Let me know the ballpark you’re looking for

I just edited the post above with some additional information - I had neglected to have the sheath sung to. With the added benefit of 5 edged weapon bonus on it, it's gone from a neat trinket or something interesting, to something very useful. I've talked to a couple folks about the value with the ehancive and the uniqueness and as is a 20m MB was suggested. I am considering holding it to take it to T4 myself in the event the service is offered at EG, in case the final unlock has other mechanical benefits. That said, if someone wanted to make a crazy offer on it, I'm not against that.

5. Default

I am no longer infested as the OHE bonus does nothing for me. But best of luck selling it!