Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Connor vs Khabib

UFC doing quite literally nothing to Conor after the bus attack pretty much set the stage for this type of insanity. If you're a big enough star and make UFC enough money you can do whatever you want. Conor stuck to his usual smack talk and upped the ante by going religion/family, Khabib saw that nothing happened to Conor after the bus thing and figured why not beat up Conor's entire camp after utterly decimating him in the octagon. Khabib is just a scary dude, both in and out of the octagon. Aside from pure $ Conor has absolutely no business getting a rematch. He got used like a training dummy in there.

Connor is suspended due to medical reasons.

1 month.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Conor and his team went after Khabib's family and religion leading up to the fight and Khabib took personal exception to it. So because of that and the bus attack, Khabib's team felt sleighted and went after Conor's people after the fight.

It was a great freakin' fight, and Khabib's team of course was in the wrong. But there's a part of me that said even while it was going on that Conor earned whatever came his way.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I agree with much of what was said.

Last edited by Astray; 10-09-2018 at 03:09 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stunseed View Post
    In addition...

After the 2nd round bell, McGregor corner man/jitsu coach calls Khabib a "dirty Muslim rat", which prompted the fence jump after the fight's completion.

McGregor and his cornerman swung first in both instances.
    Oh, I didn't know it happened during the fight too. Yeah I woulda jumped over the cage too probably. And promptly broken both ankles on landing and then crawled angrily towards the guy who would've probably kicked me in the head and put my out of my misery. I have weak ankles. But I digress.

Building a fight is one thing, even if what you're saying is in poor taste. During the fight makes you Ben Chapman, and that guy didn't exactly land on the right side of history.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 10-09-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Hurt feelings are a hot commodity these days.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Hurt feelings are a hot commodity these days.
    Hey, at least you gotta admit it's better to take a swing at the guy shouting slurs at you from the crowd than it is to cry about it on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Hey, at least you gotta admit it's better to take a swing at the guy shouting slurs at you from the crowd than it is to cry about it on twitter.
    True. I don't keep up with UFC and I just thought all this chaos was about more than people calling each other names.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-09-2018 at 03:13 PM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    True. I don't keep up with UFC and I just thought all this chaos was about more than people calling each other names.
    Well, Conor did put a guard rail through a bus window and injure a few people, but yeah other than that it's about words.

That stuff reminded me of the shit wrestlers would do for ratings. Just what the fuck are you doing? You're a champion, dude.