Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Connor vs Khabib

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

Of course they're already talking about a rematch. They knew there would be a rematch long before the PPV aired. It was pretty clear this was gonna be one of the biggest sellers of all time. Now they're just crossing their fingers and praying that Conor wins the rematch so they can make it three.

And we'll all buy all three PPVs, because of course we will. It'll be awesome.

Took about three months to sort out all the "OMG Will Conor go to jail?!" stuff from the bus attack. Probably take about the same amount of time to sort out the extracurriculars here, but there'll be a rematch soon after I'm sure.

2. Default

After the performance Ferguson put in the other night I can definitely see that, but I think the dollars and cents of it will put Conor/Khabib 2 ahead of it. Khabib/Ferguson won't draw as many buys, so what happens if Khabib loses? That lowers the marketability of Conor/Khabib 2 if it's not for a belt.

Where the money goes, so do the decisions. But yeah, I'd love to see either one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    After the performance Ferguson put in the other night I can definitely see that, but I think the dollars and cents of it will put Conor/Khabib 2 ahead of it. Khabib/Ferguson won't draw as many buys, so what happens if Khabib loses? That lowers the marketability of Conor/Khabib 2 if it's not for a belt.

Where the money goes, so do the decisions. But yeah, I'd love to see either one of them.
    The belt is no longer needed for Khabib vs. Connor 2. Just like it isn't needed for Connor vs. Diaz 3.

No one outside of Lesnar vs. Jones/Cormier is going to draw what Connor can. I don't think GSP/Spider pulls as much as either at this point.

Rumblings have begun for Cormier vs. Lewis in November. If that fight happens, Cormier will get stripped of the LHW belt to go to Jones/Gus in December. Then Lesnar vs. Cormier in March-ish.

You will need a July headliner as the UFC is doing these days. If both Connor and Khabib win their next fights, you can consider the rematch for International Fight Week. Otherwise, pray Cormier puts off retirement for DC vs. Jones 3.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

UFC doing quite literally nothing to Conor after the bus attack pretty much set the stage for this type of insanity. If you're a big enough star and make UFC enough money you can do whatever you want. Conor stuck to his usual smack talk and upped the ante by going religion/family, Khabib saw that nothing happened to Conor after the bus thing and figured why not beat up Conor's entire camp after utterly decimating him in the octagon. Khabib is just a scary dude, both in and out of the octagon. Aside from pure $ Conor has absolutely no business getting a rematch. He got used like a training dummy in there.

Connor is suspended due to medical reasons.

1 month.

I agree with much of what was said.

Last edited by Astray; 10-09-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Hurt feelings are a hot commodity these days.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Hurt feelings are a hot commodity these days.
    Hey, at least you gotta admit it's better to take a swing at the guy shouting slurs at you from the crowd than it is to cry about it on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Hey, at least you gotta admit it's better to take a swing at the guy shouting slurs at you from the crowd than it is to cry about it on twitter.
    True. I don't keep up with UFC and I just thought all this chaos was about more than people calling each other names.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-09-2018 at 03:13 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    True. I don't keep up with UFC and I just thought all this chaos was about more than people calling each other names.
    Well, Conor did put a guard rail through a bus window and injure a few people, but yeah other than that it's about words.