Thread: Metal Forging Slabs

Default Metal Forging Slabs

Any interest out there for them metal forging slabs?

All my eonake ones were bought up a while back, but still have a nice supply of most others. I can gather quantity and full types if there is an interest.

Thanks

Neo

2. Default

I'll save you some time. If you're talking about gornar or zorchar or drakar or whatever-ar, the 1x flaring ones that it's only possible to enchant in theory rather than in practice, there's no interest. If you're talking about Golvern, there's interest.

I, and by extension maybe other people, would be interested in white ora slabs.
    Last edited by Menos; 10-09-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Seconded. White ora, razern, golvern, rolaren, and eahnor are considered desirable (and eonake).

I normally don't sell off slabs, but when it comes to pricing out custom work I estimate about 400k-500k per slab of razern/white ora. For the rarer metals, I'd auction them because it's so market-driven. You might include their weights, because an 18lb slab should sell for less than a 25lb one.

If anyone is interested in rarity numbers from the last DR, here's the occurrence of those metals after 8,800 pulls from the slab generator:

razern 1.63%
    white ora 1.03%
    eonake 0.10%
    rolaren 0.07%
    eahnor 0.05%
    golvern 0.03%

Should be noted that eonake, rolaren, eahnor, and golvern are 'hopper-added' to the slab generator, and ran out within three days of DR starting. More were added toward the end of the festival, so these may appear *slightly* more rare due to many runs happening during the 'empty period'.

For reference, if you're looking to forge a perfect weapon with a 4-5 lb weapon head (like a spikestar, handaxe, falchion), you need 15-20 slabs to get a perfect(using gift). Something like a lance would require a lot more.

p.s. Anyone want to help me build a Death Star out of 1x flaring metals?
    Last edited by Macillus; 10-09-2018 at 04:06 PM. Reason: More nerdy stats added

This is a quick snapshot of what I have left... I will try and weigh them tonight as I am on my way out right now. I never did use them, so I would have to guess they are all around the default weights when pulled. I remember them varying from 19-25 lbs from a few years ago.

a heavy ora slab (5)
    a heavy vaalorn slab (8)
    a heavy zorchar slab (9)
    a heavy kelyn slab (6)
    a heavy faenor slab (7)
    a heavy razern slab (6)
    a heavy white ora slab (5)
    a heavy gornar slab (9)
    a heavy rhimar slab (5)

Thanks

Neo

It depends on whether someone looking to complete a project needs the metal you have and how far away the next DR is. Personally I'd never pay what the really rare metals go for unless I was working on something for one of my own characters (chances of getting a perfect from any one slab is way too low and superiors are REALLY hard to sell).

If I was looking to sell white ora or razern, I'd prolly try a flat priced sale for 500k or so depending on how quickly you want them to go (can always lower the price if no one bites). Golvern, rolaren, eonake, and eahnor are rare enough it's prolly worth doing a per slab auction with a MB of several million silver. Any metals that can be bought at the town forge (including invar) aren't worth unloading anywhere other then the pawnshop unless you wanna forge them yourself, and anything else you might have (flaring metals, vaalorn, etc) I'd just toss as many as possible into a backpack from the general store and try to sell the backpacks for 100k each.

Got them weighed out and posted up in the auction folder.

Link to thread here...

8. Default

Thanks for this thread as I have a number of slabs collecting dust in lockers. If I have anything worthwhile I'll post in the auction folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    Thanks for this thread as I have a number of slabs collecting dust in lockers. If I have anything worthwhile I'll post in the auction folder.
    Sure thing. I got them years ago with the intent to forge, although that never really happened. So... figured there we folks that could and would use em. Good luck!

Neo

10. Default

As it turns out, all of my slabs were junk. Thanks for the info to clear up some locker space though .