Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bubble Flare token for EG Autoflarer

1. Default Bubble Flare token for EG Autoflarer

I lucked out and pulled this early on. After a bit of reflection, though, I know I wouldn't use it anywhere near as much as someone else.

an iridescent bubble-shaped token

MB: 5m
    CB: 30m Giantphang SOLD

I'll go once, twice, sold, and try to update every half day or so.

This bubble-shaped token can be used to purchase bubble flares from the flare merchant on Caligos Isle. Eligible items for this service consist of weapons and armor and will be validated by the merchant at the time of inquiry. Service costs will apply and will be calculated at the time of inquiry. ANALYZE the token for complete details.
    >
    You analyze your bubble-shaped token and sense that the creator has provided the following information:

This bubble-shaped token entitles the bearer to purchase flares for an eligible weapon or piece of armor. The bearer is still responsible for any associated costs. Take your weapon or armor to Marello in Flares of Interest, and SHOW this token to him with your armor/weapon in your left hand to receive an estimate for the service. GIVE the token to him to accept the cost and service.

Flare Details: Bubble flares with an absorption value of 20.

Wiki link: https://gswiki.play.net/Stalwart_Resilience

You must provide your own seashells to get the service applied to your weapon. Seashell prices for reference:
    0x dagger - 15k seashells
    2x dagger - 15k seashells
    4x dagger - 15k seashells
    4x runestaff - 15k seashells
    0x naginata - 15k seashells
    0x claid - too powerful
    6x perfect katar w/ Fana script - 15,553 seashells

If you want to verify whether or not your item is eligible or costs something other than 15k seashells, PM me. I'll be around most of today/tonight.
    Last edited by Schala; 10-09-2018 at 11:32 PM. Reason: sold

MB

8mil

13m

6. Default

Bid updated.

Tested a few more items per request. VHCW or previously existing bubble flares of a lesser amount did not allow the token to work.

The token does not work on runestaves with acuity flares.

I believe the tokens don't work on anything with a flare, can anyone else confirm that? If so... sad face.

There's still a lot of confusion, but I believe you cannot add a script flare to something that has an existing flare, or is greater than HC (10 point) weighting / padding.

In addition, you are supposedly not able to add normal flares to something that already has a script flare. It can have a combat script (like returning, or chronomage), but not an actual flare (like KO, parasite, bubble, etc)... that's just my understanding. This second part may be incorrect because I was able to get my sprite cestus appraised for a normal flare, so something definitely seems odd about the GM messaging and the NPC messaging.

There is an exception though - you CAN add Greater flares to a weapon with any of the eligible base flares (in fact it is a requirement) - fire/air/lightning/cold/earth.
    Last edited by Maerit; 10-08-2018 at 12:25 PM.

9. Default

I don't want to promise that the token can give flares to something it cannot, so I'll let others answer questions on what has been stated in various venues by GMs.

That said, I'm more than willing to work with anyone to test the token on your item(s) to verify that they are eligible before bidding. I don't want anyone to pay for something they can't use.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post

There is an exception though - you CAN add Greater flares to a weapon with any of the eligible base flares (in fact it is a requirement) - fire/air/lightning/cold/earth.
    They don't actually require you to have the matching base flare to add greater elemental flares. Or at least they didn't with the DR greater flare certs (even though the cert said it did).