Thread: Build advice past level 67.

1. Default Build advice past level 67.

Code:
    (at level 67), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
      Skill Name                         | Current Current
                                         |   Bonus   Ranks
      Two Weapon Combat..................|     238     138
      Armor Use..........................|     198      98
      Combat Maneuvers...................|     169      69
      Edged Weapons......................|     238     138
      Multi Opponent Combat..............|     130      35
      Physical Fitness...................|     168      68
      Dodging............................|     238     138
      Arcane Symbols.....................|      90      20
      Magic Item Use.....................|      45       9
      Harness Power......................|      45       9
      Disarming Traps....................|     301     201
      Picking Locks......................|     301     201
      Perception.........................|     200     100
      Climbing...........................|     150      50
      Swimming...........................|      90      20

Spell Lists
      Minor Elemental....................|               4
    Code:
    You are Guild Master of the Rogue Guild.
    You are current with your dues and must check in again sometime in the next 81 days.
    You currently have 54 task trading vouchers.
    You currently have 326 ranks out of a possible 354 for your training.

You are a Master of Sweep.

You are a Master of Subdue.

You have 17 ranks in the Stun Maneuvers skill.
    You need 150 training points to earn your next rank.
    The Training Administrator told you to clean the windows in the guild.
    You have 10 repetitions remaining to complete this task.

You are a Master of Lock Mastery.

You are a Master of Cheap Shot.

You are a Master of Rogue Gambits.
    Code:
    your Combat Maneuver training is as follows:

Skill name             Mnemonic        Ranks
    Combat Movement        cmovement         2
    Precision              precision         1
    Specialization I       wspec1            3
    Side by Side           sidebyside        4
    Combat Mobility        mobility          1
    Armor Spike Focus      spikefocus        2
    COL master.

Current build is dedicated locksmith and open TWC to be group-positive. Getting to the point where solo hunting is daunting. Krag Yeti, Dwellers and Minotaurs are very resistant to cheapshots and sweep, my mainstay through MTKs/Harbingers.

I'm probably going to stick out dwellers/yeti/minotaurs until I can't, but the disarm component of minotaur warriors is worrying to say the least.

This build would do miserable in Skull Temple, right? And Plane 1 is out of the question. I'm more or less grasping for straws for decent solo hunting at this point.

Any advice would be appreciated.

You've invested a in a group-positive style, so why hunt alone?

In any case, I'd recommend at least trying Skull Temple. I've always hidden for an ambush, but not until I was in the room with a critter. The temple was one of the easiest places for my TWC rogue. I loved it and finally finished lock mastery there. The Skull Temple is about your level too. Yeti and minotaurs are supposed to be harder at 67.

3. Default

On hunting grounds, Krag Yetis/Minotaurs have the advantage of being in the Landing so if you get Dreavened up it's not gonna matter if your guild skills don't work, so there's a benefit there if you stick in that area. Survive through your early 70s and you can hit the aqueducts (Old Ta'Faendryl) in the late 70s/80s and it's super smooth sailing there, and actually fairly wealthy compared to the poverty of the capped parts.

Only a few things I'd note about your build - 98 ranks of Armor seems off. If you've stopped at Metal Breastplate, 90 is where you want to stop. If you're going for full plate 140 is the number, but I wouldn't bother with the 1x/2x stuff. Just stop at your breakpoints and rush it when you're getting close to enough TPs to jump up. Leaves you points to spend elsewhere in the meantime if you're having trouble, say, extra combat maneuvers or physical fitness to dodge Yeti maneuvers.

Same goes for Multi Opponent Combat. There a reason for the 35 ranks over 30? 2 focused attacks is 30, and if I recall, whirling dervish's requirement is also 30. Is the 5 an extra unfocused attack and are you using that frequently? If not, you might consider bumping that down 5 ranks and picking up more of the above mentioned til you're able to rush to 55.

Lastly, I've also found that 15 ranks of Arcane symbols is enough for scarabs, especially as your stats get higher down the line. Might consider droppin' that down a little too.

Edit to add: I also see you don't have a martial stance. With all that MoC, you should take a serious look at whirling dervish, or at least pick up slippery mind. They're nice passive boosts that you set once every 4 hours and it's a shame to leave all that MoC training on the table without picking up the free potential extra attack.

My rogue's training plan is actually fairly close to yours. It exchanges extra picking/disarm for hiding/ambush, adds a few electives, and doesn't get into the heavier armors until later, but I've uploaded the plan in Tsoran's sheet in the event that you might find it helpful.

https://www.labreesbakery.com/nv.xls
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 10-08-2018 at 02:12 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    On hunting grounds, Krag Yetis/Minotaurs have the advantage of being in the Landing so if you get Dreavened up it's not gonna matter if your guild skills don't work, so there's a benefit there if you stick in that area. Survive through your early 70s and you can hit the aqueducts (Old Ta'Faendryl) in the late 70s/80s and it's super smooth sailing there, and actually fairly wealthy compared to the poverty of the capped parts.

Only a few things I'd note about your build - 98 ranks of Armor seems off. If you've stopped at Metal Breastplate, 90 is where you want to stop. If you're going for full plate 140 is the number, but I wouldn't bother with the 1x/2x stuff. Just stop at your breakpoints and rush it when you're getting close to enough TPs to jump up. Leaves you points to spend elsewhere in the meantime if you're having trouble, say, extra combat maneuvers or physical fitness to dodge Yeti maneuvers.

Same goes for Multi Opponent Combat. There a reason for the 35 ranks over 30? 2 focused attacks is 30, and if I recall, whirling dervish's requirement is also 30. Is the 5 an extra unfocused attack and are you using that frequently? If not, you might consider bumping that down 5 ranks and picking up more of the above mentioned til you're able to rush to 55.

Lastly, I've also found that 15 ranks of Arcane symbols is enough for scarabs, especially as your stats get higher down the line. Might consider droppin' that down a little too.

Edit to add: I also see you don't have a martial stance. With all that MoC, you should take a serious look at whirling dervish, or at least pick up slippery mind. They're nice passive boosts that you set once every 4 hours and it's a shame to leave all that MoC training on the table without picking up the free potential extra attack.

My rogue's training plan is actually fairly close to yours. It exchanges extra picking/disarm for hiding/ambush, adds a few electives, and doesn't get into the heavier armors until later, but I've uploaded the plan in Tsoran's sheet in the event that you might find it helpful.

https://www.labreesbakery.com/nv.xls
    W/R/T Armor use I'm working my way up towards augmented plate which will be done in enchanting a week. 35 ranks of MOC for bandits for 4 open strikes. 20 ranks of arcane symbols for charged bravery scrolls and impending spell burst. I ran with whirling dervish for a while but traded it out for sidebyside - I'll pick it back up again after I get sidebyside 5.

Thanks for the advice and the spreadsheet though.

As to why I'm hunting alone, my grouping partner isn't always around. I'll give skull temple a shot, spell burst is very worrying.

5. Default

Oh I can probably drop armor spike focus to grab dervish now, that's a good idea.

Learn disarm through cman list, it’ll make you better stopping being disarmed if that keeps you from the one area. A little cunning defense helps to on that.