Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whirling Dervish

1. Default Whirling Dervish

The description as per the wiki: When making a focused MSTRIKE or a two-weapon attack that slays the combatant's targeted creature foe, there is a chance to switch the remaining attacks to another foe in the room. This chance is 5% + 25% per rank.

I read this as at rank 3 I should have an 80% chance to use any remaining swings after killing one creature when another is present in the room. For the last few levels it just feels like that is not the case. It fires at a pretty good rate but no way is it 80%. Is it calculated differently than I am assuming? Maybe its 3 different 25% chances? More moc than 30 required for full effectiveness? Anyone else getting better results?

For reference I am using this ability on a level 41 elven warrior with 55 ranks moc (30 ranks required to use dervish) and rank 3 of dervish. Fully trained in twc using two morning stars.

Are you uphunting? That might cut down on the rate if so?

3. Default

Nope, pretty much exactly same level.

The percentage has always seemed off to me, but I have never tracked it. I doubt I am much over 10 percent at cap on second critter attacks.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Huh, definitely feels right to me. Great stance.

Fires nearly all the time for me, when it can. I like wiping out a 4 person bandit ambush with a focused mstrike.

you can do that with unfocused lol, I know I can.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Yep, also happens but when I test dervish, it is nearer 80% and multiple times.

Scatter too and they are older so not sure how 10% and these other results are happening.

I mean, to the best results of it firing of well you need decent luck (or time/reps), enough MOC to have swings to see procs, and lethality/weighting to keep the swings going (TWC regular attacks/ambush/quickstrikes also show good rates but longer to get data as you need a nice crit on the first target).
    Last edited by Roblar; 10-05-2018 at 06:33 AM.

you have like 900 attacks and max mutri opps that might help

Yep, to see the rate looks like as intended!

bah. this conversation is really making me wish i did executioners now instead of mongoose on the THW warrior. Something about the "oh i'm not done, i'm coming for your ass too" aspect of dervish / executioner just seems more fun than the, likely more mechanically advantaegous, mongoose and griffin stance options.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!