Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    How do you know the IRS knew anything? When you submit taxes, the IRS looks for red flags. Not every tax return is audited.

Just because Trump's people say the IRS signed off on something doesn't mean it happened.
    Oh, are we back to needing facts now? I thought the left abandoned that with Fords testimony.

Make up your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I'm going by the article itself.

This implies the IRS was aware but didn't care.
    It's just implying the IRS didn't resist. Whenever the Trump team filed there weren't red flags.

It's just implying the IRS didn't resist. Whenever the Trump team filed there weren't red flags.
    Met with "little resistance" suggests the IRS knew about it but did nothing about it.

If someone were writing an article about me and said I afk script all the time in GS and was "met with little resistance" from the GMs you would conclude the GMs knew about the afk scripting but did little about it yes?

4. Default

There's talk going around in Trumpet circles that the IRS let him get away with not paying taxes for so many years so he could help them expose the deep state..

Met with "little resistance" suggests the IRS knew about it but did nothing about it.

If someone were writing an article about me and said I afk script all the time in GS and was "met with little resistance" from the GMs you would conclude the GMs knew about the afk scripting but did little about it yes?
    The IRS only investigates when they come across returns with red flags.

I know this because some of my companies have been audited and my business partner was audited years ago.

We weren't cheating or anything, but our accountant screwed up a couple of things that appeared as red flags.

If you submit a return that is illegal, but looks on the up and up with IRS, they move on.

I know this because some of my companies have been audited and my business partner was audited years ago.

We weren't cheating or anything, but our accountant screwed up a couple of things that appeared as red flags.

If you submit a return that is illegal, but looks on the up and up with IRS, they move on.
    Wouldn't a better phrase be something like "The tax returns flew under the radar of the IRS" or something to that effect? Again saying they were "met with little resistance" suggests the IRS did know what was going on but did little about it.

7. Default

Wouldn't a better phrase be something like "The tax returns flew under the radar of the IRS" or something to that effect? Again saying they were "met with little resistance" suggests the IRS did know what was going on but did little about it.
    That is your interpretation and you're welcome to it but actual logic says they didn't see any red flags, not that they saw red flags and just decided for no reason to ignore them.

In other news the mayor of NYC says they're going to go after Trump for money owed. I say just seize Trump Tower. Grab him by the assets.

Sure, blame the accountant.

Reported to Methais and the IRS.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Sure, blame the accountant.

Reported to Methais and the IRS.
    We were fined. We also found a new accountant.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    That is your interpretation and you're welcome to it but actual logic says they didn't see any red flags, not that they saw red flags and just decided for no reason to ignore them.

In other news the mayor of NYC says they're going to go after Trump for money owed. I say just seize Trump Tower. Grab him by the assets.
    Hey, if something came out that the IRS was aware of these crimes by Trump and let him slide, then we have a whole new set of issues.

I'd bet the returns looked on the up and up and the IRS simply didn't investigate. The IRS has been understaffed for many years. Only 1% of returns are audited and only 10% of returns of those who make over 1m annually are audited.

It's completely possible the IRS just didn't thoroughly investigate the Trumps.