Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GS on iPad

Default GS on iPad

I am just wondering if it is possible. I stopped using my laptop as I don't game on PC anymore and all I carry around are my iPads now.

As winter is drawing in and I want to stay home more I thought of how much I loved staying in on those wintery days just playing GS.

So yeah, can I just play with my iPad rather than my PC. Thanks either way. Love you. x

Blog Entries

Possibly through the web browser. I didn't it before. It sucks.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

To piggyback off that question, what about playing on a Microsoft Surface? Just the website or can you actually download a front-end?

4. Default

Surface pro3 8gig/256 works with lich/stormfront with no issues for me. It's a few years old now so I imagine newer one's should be fine too. I know it's billed it as a tablet but I've rarely used it as such (except when taking handwritten notes using Onenote). It serves mainly as my work desktop connected to 2 monitors and a laptop at home. Only bought it when my black macbook crapped out finally and mac was mid-cycle nothing compelling to try new.

-J
    bid 1337
    Dett *BANGS* his gavel! "The bidding is now open for lot number 21: a grey-swirled coraesine relic! Who will start the bidding at 20 silvers?"
    >

The auctioneer nods to you as you bid 1,337 silvers.
    >
    The auctioneer calls out, "Ardwen bids 175,000,000 silvers! New bids must be at least 192,500,000 silvers."

le sigh.

I have a bluetooth keyboard for my iPad. You can use the web client. But it comes with a couple caveats ...

1. A HUGE Room title and room description always takes up all but 10 or 11 lines of your screen. So, essentially, your story window is 10-11 lines of text and that's all. It doesn't matter whether you have room descriptions on or off.

2. If you blink and the tablet screen goes to sleep, you're disconnected.

I think without a bluetooth keyboard, you may have 2 lines of story window because of the screen keyboard. if that many.

Now, all this from an iPad3, not the newer iPad Pro which comes with both a larger screen and a heftier price point.
    Luxie's adventures (because I must write) plus some guests from the past at my blog:
    http://www.thebardess.com

Quote Originally Posted by gs4-PauperSid View Post
    Surface pro3 8gig/256 works with lich/stormfront with no issues for me. It's a few years old now so I imagine newer one's should be fine too. I know it's billed it as a tablet but I've rarely used it as such (except when taking handwritten notes using Onenote). It serves mainly as my work desktop connected to 2 monitors and a laptop at home. Only bought it when my black macbook crapped out finally and mac was mid-cycle nothing compelling to try new.

-J
    By the end of that post I thought you were a bot selling tech.
    Thanks though. I'm not sure that I'm gong to be able to use scripts etc. Definitely iPad won't be able to run lich which is a deal breaker.
    Never mind though I was just wondering. Think I'll get a little PC instead.

If you reacquire Shimmerain I might consider resubbing. Just saying!
    Rohese's GS Wiki page

You arrange yourself on the throne.

You attend to your gold wirework circlet, carefully smoothing the hair underneath, and adopt a regal air as you survey the area.

You think to yourself, "I got this"

Alternative: I still have the comedy character named "Shimmersnow"
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Web client is trash. Your best option is probably to use TeamViewer to remote into your laptop.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

10. Default

I got profanity running on a free Google Cloud VM and then I use an SSH client on my iPhone/iPad to access it. Works well, works with lich, pretty lightweight.

Check out the Profanity wiki page. I put some basic instructions at the bottom of it. Not for the feint of heart but if you know a thing or two about cloud VM's it should be easy enough.