Thread: TWC and Disarm

Default TWC and Disarm

Can your off-hand weapon be disarmed?

off-hand (left) can be disarmed if the right hand is empty. This is how archers can avoid losing a bow, hold an arrow and the right hand is targeted first.

Thanks, so basically if you're in a swam you could lose both your weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagre View Post
    Thanks, so basically if you're in a swam you could lose both your weapons.
    Other people with more exp/knowledge than me will surely chime in, but I thought I'd mention: are there many critters that both disarm and swarm? And if so and you're in that scenario, and your right hand weapon gets targeted first, I would think you'd go defensive, get your main hand weapon back, then leave until said swarm dissipated.

I’m sure it’s an exceedingly rare occurrence, but if you were in OTF with two janissaries and they both disarmed back to back, you could theoretically lose both. OTF swarms like crazy if there are enough people hunting, so while you’ll likely never see it happen, it technically could. Also, getting disarmed puts you into RT so you can’t just turtle and run.

Quote Originally Posted by Palcron View Post
    Also, getting disarmed puts you into RT so you can’t just turtle and run.
    You'd think while they were reviewing disarm mechanics, they could at least disable the RT factor in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Other people with more exp/knowledge than me will surely chime in, but I thought I'd mention: are there many critters that both disarm and swarm? And if so and you're in that scenario, and your right hand weapon gets targeted first, I would think you'd go defensive, get your main hand weapon back, then leave until said swarm dissipated.
    building off what Palcron mentioned while the disarm itself blows, its the RT lock from various things that really compromises the weapons. If you get hit with a 20 second RT and then something Ewaves or hits another RT lock and you are staring at 40+ seconds of RT that is what is going to spell your weapons doom.
    [Roll result: 120 (open d100: 94) Penalties: 10]
    You crouch, sweep a leg at Master Footpad Truaz and connect!
    Master Footpad Truaz falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.

[You have 1 repetition(s) remaining.]

** A spike on your spiked ora leg greaves jabs into the Footpad Truaz! **
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Well aimed shot, punctures calf!
    The Footpad Truaz is stunned!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

RT lock is one of the only reasons I ever die. There’s just nothing you can do about it, and if you’re hunting in areas with a lot of maneuvers (OTF with scouts, janissaries, champions, griffins, etc.), your bound to get screwed every now and again. The griffin maneuver when it enters the room is usually around 20 seconds, as is the new champion maneuver. And yes, if you’re locked in RT and stuff starts disarming, you pretty much just get to sit back and watch your stuff get stolen.

Hang out in Illy and see how often calls go out to retrieve lost gear. It happens all the time.

And it’s made even worse by the fact that ithzir can loot your corpse.
    Last edited by Palcron; 09-23-2018 at 10:49 AM.

Your best bet is to get 5 ranks in both disarm and cunning defense. I don’t think I’ve been disarmed there since maxing out both, and I lost a few bows prior.