Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New details on how to check warnings and scripting violations on characters

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Not the point being made. It's more along the line of "Help us design a brothel in RR"

or "Let's place a sex dungeon in the game"

It reminds me of Al Pacino's speech in Devil's Advocate.

If they were saying “help us build a fuck palace” then you’d probably have a point.

Emphasis is on language not the theme.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Some people don't want the risk. It is information on a character either way, and now that it is available people will ask for it.
    Nah, it’s just a ploy to bring down character price.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    If they were saying “help us build a fuck palace” then you’d probably have a point.

Emphasis is on language not the theme.
    You're still missing the point. As a writer/actor it's your job to incite emotions in your audience. There are times where the word "fuck" is better suited for the context simply because it flows better than another word. Personally I would never use "fuck palace" because it interrupts the objective of captivating your audiences emotions.

For example.

Some unexpected event suddenly happens, what is a better fitting reaction from a person? "What the fuck!" or "What the heck!"

When you place a God in your game who's followers revel in perverted carnal pleasure and lets be honest Ivas has a pretty solid group of followers (most of whom are women), they are probably partaking in some pretty fucked up shit.

To me, what is better for the game is your character reacting to that fucked up shit rather than going ooc and calling down the almighty smiter.

I don't think Stephen King relives his fucked up shit in real life.

P.S. One of my most memorable moments in Gemstone was having a GM whisper to me that they can hardly type because I have them so emotionally shaken up.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 09-23-2018 at 12:18 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Your point doesn't matter. The rules are the rules.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Some unexpected event suddenly happens, what is a better fitting reaction from a person? "What the fuck!" or "What the heck!"
    That depends on if saying the word "fuck" would be violating any rules.

The point you're missing is it's the words themselves that would be the issue, not their meaning, i.e. fuck palace vs. brothel, textfuck room vs. latched room, doctor yelling, "Work your fucktube and pop that little piece of shit out of your cunt!" vs. "Ok now push!" 3rd grader in a classroom asking, "May I use the bathroom?" vs. "I need to take a fucking shit god damn!!!! " etc.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-23-2018 at 01:06 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

3rd grader in a classroom asking, "May I use the bathroom?" vs. "I need to take a fucking shit god damn!!!! " etc.
    You didn't know my 3rd grade class.

Blog Entries

That depends on if saying the word "fuck" would be violating any rules.

The point you're missing is it's the words themselves that would be the issue, not their meaning, i.e. fuck palace vs. brothel, textfuck room vs. latched room, doctor yelling, "Work your fucktube and pop that little piece of shit out of your cunt!" vs. "Ok now push!" 3rd grader in a classroom asking, "May I use the bathroom?" vs. "I need to take a fucking shit god damn!!!! " etc.
    More than anything my point is, you have already crossed over into the realm of mature content by adding sex dungeons, whore houses and gods that encourage perversion.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Kind of like selling characters is breaking the rules but it happens anyway?

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Kind of like selling characters is breaking the rules but it happens anyway?
    Is anyone walking into the middle of TSC and saying SELLING MY CHARACTER FOR $300!!!!!

No. They aren't. Keep that shit private and there are no issues with it.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-23-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Screw rules!

You've been warned 69 times on the character Wyromsux. You have been flagged as a high maintenance customer. You're being monitored for vulgarity. You haven't read the policy in full and Wyrom hates you.