Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New details on how to check warnings and scripting violations on characters

>>Why doesn't it show the dates of my last warnings?

Retroactive dates aren't possible. The time stamps are a new feature that are being stored in game. Future warnings will show your dates.

This is very important to consider here... there is a lot of "warnings" from a decade or more ago on a lot of characters.

You've been warned 5 times on the character xxx. You haven't been flagged as a high maintenance customer. You're not being monitored for vulgarity. You've last read the policy in full on Sun Apr 19 02:33:15 ET 2007.

For instance, this is a character I made almost 20 years ago... and I haven't been warned or in trouble in a very long long time...
    Last edited by adred; 09-22-2018 at 05:50 PM.

2. Default

You've been warned 1 time on the character Candor. You haven't been flagged as a high maintenance customer. You're not being monitored for vulgarity. You haven't read the policy in full.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by adred View Post
    >>Why doesn't it show the dates of my last warnings?

Retroactive dates aren't possible. The time stamps are a new feature that are being stored in game. Future warnings will show your dates.

This is very important to consider here... there is a lot of "warnings" from a decade or more ago on a lot of characters.

You've been warned 5 times on the character xxx. You haven't been flagged as a high maintenance customer. You're not being monitored for vulgarity. You've last read the policy in full on Sun Apr 19 02:33:15 ET 2007.

For instance, this is a character I made almost 20 years ago... and I haven't been warned or in trouble in a very long long time...
    Just because there isn't a timestamp doesn't mean a GM didn't put the time in manually in their description of the incident.

What kind of incidents would cause there to be a warning on an account? I've bought a characters over the last... along time. I have one that has 6 (none since I've had them for years and years). They should have made the system show what the prior warnings were even if they don't have a time stamp on them, just so you know. Unless it's recent stuff, probably not a big deal when buying/selling a character unless it's for scripting or stealing 15m in silvers

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    Just because there isn't a timestamp doesn't mean a GM didn't put the time in manually in their description of the incident.
    Very true, but the motive of the the OP (which I don't disagree with) is for future character sales to include details of "policy review". My point is that this has implications and it's important to recognize the context.

Quote Originally Posted by Taar View Post
    What kind of incidents would cause there to be a warning on an account? I've bought a characters over the last... along time. I have one that has 6 (none since I've had them for years and years). They should have made the system show what the prior warnings were even if they don't have a time stamp on them, just so you know. Unless it's recent stuff, probably not a big deal when buying/selling a character unless it's for scripting or stealing 15m in silvers
    anything from player killing, bug abuse, scripting violations, generally being an ass, etc.... I'm sure they all are timestamped and subject to GM discretion..

Blog Entries

They aren't going to manually go through every single character ever created and every warning log and do that.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    They aren't going to manually go through every single character ever created and every warning log and do that.
    That's not what I meant. I'm just saying that the GMs most likely have info that show when each warning occurred. The info just isn't in a timestamp and most likely not in a common format, so of course it's not easy for an automated tool to find. Wyrom has stated that you can ask for a referral to get info on the warnings in your account.
    Last edited by Candor; 09-22-2018 at 10:44 PM.

That's not what I meant. I'm just saying that the GMs most likely have info that show when each warning occurred. The info just isn't in a timestamp, so of course it's not easy for an automated tool to find.
    I'd suppose if they released "You were warned for X" it'd muddy the waters and allow people to contest. I'm positive they don't have logs going back forever or those people that performed stuff like punishments might not be around any longer. So it's just a measure to avoid 'Why am I still being held accountable for something on [Date]?'

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I'd suppose if they released "You were warned for X" it'd muddy the waters and allow people to contest. I'm positive they don't have logs going back forever or those people that performed stuff like punishments might not be around any longer. So it's just a measure to avoid 'Why am I still being held accountable for something on [Date]?'
    I would guess that unless you did something really horrible, after a couple years or so a warning is not likely to have significant impact. But I've never been a GM or worked for SIMU, so I don't really know.

The warning Candor has is at least 15 years old, probably longer. I can't imagine that would have any impact on anything.
    Last edited by Candor; 09-22-2018 at 10:54 PM.