Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player Enchant Krodera?

1. Default Player Enchant Krodera?

Any capped Wizard been able to enchant a Krodera item? Looking at the Wiki it appears to have -999 material difficulty. Thinking this may not be possible.

2. Default

I doubt it but shoot mogonis a PM and ask him, not sure if he plays currently but he's the krodera master

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    I doubt it but shoot mogonis a PM and ask him, not sure if he plays currently but he's the krodera master
    Step 1: inspect it.

Step 2: if inspects as krodera, run TD test if armor or shield. Weapon or armor, it's not currently wizard encbantable, unless some of the new changes had an impact. Doubtful. Also worth asking, why all the hate for legacy metals? They deserve some love.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

4. Default

Legacy metals like golvern and veil iron are in dire need of some GM love.

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Any capped Wizard been able to enchant a Krodera item? Looking at the Wiki it appears to have -999 material difficulty. Thinking this may not be possible.
    Even if there was no restriction on enchanting a material with a difficulty of -999 (Coraesine, Krodera, Kroderine, Urglaes, Urnon and Zelnorn) it would not be possible for a wizard to generate a large enough bonus to have any chance at success. In addition to the material difficulty there is a base enchant penalty of -100 and a starting enchant bonus penalty.

A capped wizard with 303 wizard spell ranks, in a workshop with familiar present, and max stat and skill enhancive sets would have a bonus of less than +1000. Zelnorn with its natural +10 bonus has an enchant difficulty of -1136 (-999 material and a -136 enchant penalty). Krodera (+25) would be even more difficult -1243 (-999 material plus a -244 enchant penalty).

Mark
    Last edited by Riltus; 09-19-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Legacy metals like golvern and veil iron are in dire need of some GM love.
    The fact that veil iron is a trash material has rubbed me the wrong way forever.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    The fact that veil iron is a trash material has rubbed me the wrong way forever.
    Yeah I'm pretty glad I never got the veil iron full plate I lusted after as a teenager

Even when ensorcellment came out and some of the legacy metals were given some minor benefit, they were still saddled with the penalty of not being enchantable, and worse yet, not ensorcellable for Krodera.

It's all part of a long tradition in Gemstone: rather than build on what's been done, it's either easier, or just more desireable, to start something new. As a result, old items, that should be storied historical artifacts, are just stale, and even worse, penalized. I'd like to see that change.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Nothing beats the coraesine pike.

All the penalties of coraesine, none of the material properties. because reasons.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    Ditto