Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana lifts limit on patients who can access medical marijuana

Blog Entries

Default Louisiana lifts limit on patients who can access medical marijuana

https://www.nola.com/health/index.ss...marijuana.html

State regulators on Monday (Sept. 17) got rid of a rule that limited the number of patients Louisiana doctors can recommend medical marijuana to.

The Louisiana Board of Medical Examiners met Monday to consider changing several rules that currently place restrictions on patient access to medical marijuana. That included a patient limit rule that prevented Louisiana doctors licensed under the state's medical marijuana program from recommending the drug to more than 100 people at a time.

In addition to lifting the patient cap, the board agreed to remove a restriction that would have required patients to see their doctor every 90 days in order to renew their order for medical cannabis.

Dr. Victor Chou, one of the first doctors in Louisiana to receive a license to recommend medical marijuana, told the board he met the patient cap just two weeks after opening his clinic in Baton Rouge.

"I have a waiting list of 700 patients," he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Good but also shame on anyone that fakes a legitimate illness or problem to get a bud card. Or sells it. No matter how incredibly lucrative it may be.

3. Default

Medical marijuana is fantastic but I'd never get a card as long as doing so disallows you from owning firearms.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Medical marijuana is fantastic but I'd never get a card as long as doing so disallows you from owning firearms.
    For me it's work. As long as it's illegal at a federal level and a schedule I narcotic it'll be a hard pass for me. The gf is super psyched though.

Fun fact: LSU is also a contracted grower. They're incorporating horticulture programs to grow for the dispensaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Good but also shame on anyone that fakes a legitimate illness or problem to get a bud card. Or sells it. No matter how incredibly lucrative it may be.
    It's no different than people who do the same thing for pain pills. Except for pain pills being 874320947230472809x worse.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I never understood the reasoning behind this. That's like saying if you buy beer you have to turn in your guns.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I never understood the reasoning behind this. That's like saying if you buy beer you have to turn in your guns.
    ...or playing the same text-based multi-player game for over 20 years? What weirdo does that?
    Last edited by Candor; 09-18-2018 at 02:41 PM.

It's no different than people who do the same thing for pain pills. Except for pain pills being 874320947230472809x worse.
    True.

9. Default

Unlike alcohol marijuana makes people very very violent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    ...or playing the same text-based multi-player game for over 20 years? What weirdo does that?
    Forget it Candor, you're out of your element.