Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What does "diversity is our strength" even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    While I genuinely disagree with boiling down the value of diversity in purely economic terms- diversity IS a strength in workplace situations.

There are decades of research on this topic, finding benefits like:

Cloverpop did a huge research project on decision making and diversity in teams and found, among other things that:

People who question the value of diversity in the workplace likely don't work for truly global companies. If you do- you fundamentally understand why diversity is so important.

Diversity is also important in government- as it makes it easier to draft and pass legislation that incorporates the diverse set of needs from our diverse electorate.

And, finally. no one wants their kids to grow up as a bunch of old, bitter, sexist, racist, and homophobic jerkoffs who post ridiculous threads like "What does diversity is our strength mean?". Having more diversity around us makes our kids a lot less likely to grow up that way- and much more able to handle the realities of an incredibly diverse world instead of cowering in their homes watching Tucker Carlson and fretting over white birth rates.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I didn't mean teaching diversity. I meant quality schooling for all races and social classes.
    Well said.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    No it doesn't. Cramming down diversity for the sake of diversity is the problem. The left segments, divides and partitions. Teaching kids to do that is the problem.
    You are trying to equate two different things here. Which are what the left says and what they do. A lot of people would be better off having more diversity around them growing up. They'd be exposed to more new and different ideas and are more likely to learn and accept people for who they are, not what they are, in the most bases sense of the words anyway. Richard's comment about schooling just highlights how the left is mostly all talk.

Not that either side seems to do schools the justice they deserve, which would push our country further in the direction that people actually want to go. But that has some vast potential for shifting the power structure of the country and those in power don't wish for things to change.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeril View Post
    You are trying to equate two different things here. Which are what the left says and what they do. A lot of people would be better off having more diversity around them growing up. They'd be exposed to more new and different ideas and are more likely to learn and accept people for who they are, not what they are, in the most bases sense of the words anyway. Richard's comment about schooling just highlights how the left is mostly all talk.

Not that either side seems to do schools the justice they deserve, which would push our country further in the direction that people actually want to go. But that has some vast potential for shifting the power structure of the country and those in power don't wish for things to change.
    The problem is forcing diversity for the sake of having diversity. That's what the left does - they force the requirement for having it when humans naturally move against it. Organizations can actually experience a decrease in talent all in the name of diversity because the most qualified candidates are pushed aside to meet some diversity quota.

The reality is that most of America is segregated. Take a look at any metro area and you'll see pockets of segregation all over the place. It happens on all sides. New and different ideas aren't always better. They can be quite destructive in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Skills to pay bills.

Not, "Hey this guy is brown, give him a job."
    This is correct.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    This is correct.

The more important question is why the right has such fear of diversity? Why is this such a bothersome issue to the right wingers? It seems that they'll take any opportunity to get upset about people addressing racial or diversity issues. They burn nikes, put KKK hoods on Thomas the Train engines and scream reverse racism everytime someone wants to address imbalances in our society that are the result of past and current prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    The more important question is why the right has such fear of diversity? Why is this such a bothersome issue to the right wingers? It seems that they'll take any opportunity to get upset about people addressing racial or diversity issues. They burn nikes, put KKK hoods on Thomas the Train engines and scream reverse racism everytime someone wants to address imbalances in our society that are the result of past and current prejudice.

You're stupid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post

Great news, white people are dying off!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Great news, white people are dying off!
    I assume that you think you're being clever but you're literally giving us an example of what I was talking about in the post you responded to.