Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What does "diversity is our strength" even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Carlson has been anti-immigration for years, it's kind of his thing. It's a dogwhistle about keeping America white.
    So this is a dogwhistle for whiteness yet the left goes crazy when you suggest that their calls for diversity and sensitivity are in fact dog whistles, in the exact same way, for racial/sexual hiring quotas, preferential treatment and racism directed against white people and that the first is bad and the second is good.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Nah. I watch his show sometimes because my dad is always asking me questions about it. It's constant culture war, 'Hispanics are taking over' stuff, almost never phrased as a criticism of illegal immigration.
    Do you have any specific quotes where he has stated that he is anti-immigration and not anti-illegal-immigration?

Because there is a world of difference.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

While I genuinely disagree with boiling down the value of diversity in purely economic terms- diversity IS a strength in workplace situations.

There are decades of research on this topic, finding benefits like:

Striving to increase workplace diversity is not an empty slogan — it is a good business decision. A 2015 McKinsey report on 366 public companies found that those in the top quartile for ethnic and racial diversity in management were 35% more likely to have financial returns above their industry mean, and those in the top quartile for gender diversity were 15% more likely to have returns above the industry mean.

In a global analysis of 2,400 companies conducted by Credit Suisse, organizations with at least one female board member yielded higher return on equity and higher net income growth than those that did not have any women on the board.

In recent years a body of research has revealed another, more nuanced benefit of workplace diversity: nonhomogenous teams are simply smarter. Working with people who are different from you may challenge your brain to overcome its stale ways of thinking and sharpen its performance.

Cloverpop did a huge research project on decision making and diversity in teams and found, among other things that:

• Inclusive teams make better business decisions up to 87% of the time.

• Teams that follow an inclusive process make decisions 2X faster with 1/2 the meetings.

• Decisions made and executed by diverse teams delivered 60% better results.
    People who question the value of diversity in the workplace likely don't work for truly global companies. If you do- you fundamentally understand why diversity is so important.

Diversity is also important in government- as it makes it easier to draft and pass legislation that incorporates the diverse set of needs from our diverse electorate.

And, finally. no one wants their kids to grow up as a bunch of old, bitter, sexist, racist, and homophobic jerkoffs who post ridiculous threads like "What does diversity is our strength mean?". Having more diversity around us makes our kids a lot less likely to grow up that way- and much more able to handle the realities of an incredibly diverse world instead of cowering in their homes watching Tucker Carlson and fretting over white birth rates.
    Last edited by time4fun; 09-10-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    And, finally. no one wants their kids to grow up as a bunch of old, bitter, sexist, racist, and homophobic jerkoffs who post ridiculous threads like "What does diversity is our strength mean?". Having more diversity around us makes our kids a lot less likely to grow up that way- and much more able to handle the realities of an incredibly diverse world instead of cowering in their homes watching Tucker Carlson and fretting over white birth rates.
    Ah yes, there it is. Throwing out the "you're racist for even asking!" while at the same time proving that all of the words proceeding this paragraph was just a bunch of empty statistics you scrounged up to fit the narrative. But right here you proved it's not about "diversity" at all, but rather "non-white."

Good job, time4fun. You're doing a grand job in your fight against cwolff for most retarded poster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    While I genuinely disagree with boiling down the value of diversity in purely economic terms- diversity IS a strength in workplace situations.

There are decades of research on this topic, finding benefits like:

Cloverpop did a huge research project on decision making and diversity in teams and found, among other things that:

People who question the value of diversity in the workplace likely don't work for truly global companies. If you do- you fundamentally understand why diversity is so important.

Diversity is also important in government- as it makes it easier to draft and pass legislation that incorporates the diverse set of needs from our diverse electorate.

Wow, it's totally like you can't bring yourself to say that the only beneficial diversity is in the diversity of thought. You were almost there with this "Working with people who are different from you may challenge your brain to overcome its stale ways of thinking and sharpen its performance." but even then it's been worded to avoid saying "your brain is challenged when introduced to other ways of thinking."

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

It needs to start in the schools, at an elementary level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    It needs to start in the schools, at an elementary level.
    No it doesn't. Cramming down diversity for the sake of diversity is the problem. The left segments, divides and partitions. Teaching kids to do that is the problem.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    No it doesn't. Cramming down diversity for the sake of diversity is the problem. The left segments, divides and partitions. Teaching kids to do that is the problem.
    I didn't mean teaching diversity. I meant quality schooling for all races and social classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Good job, time4fun. You're doing a grand job in your fight against cwolff for most retarded poster.
    Find your own schmuck! I FOUND HER FIRST!
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Skills to pay bills.

Not, "Hey this guy is brown, give him a job."