Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What does "diversity is our strength" even mean?

Default What does "diversity is our strength" even mean?

Tucker Carlson is apparently in hot water because he asked how diversity is our strength. Rather than someone just explaining to him how diversity is our strength they are instead asking his advertisers to drop him.

Can someone just explain what this even means without accusing me of being a white supremacist Nazi? I see this sort of thing everywhere, or that people are "celebrating our diversity."

I even know people who say shit like "I'm so proud of my company for hiring so many minorities! I love how diverse the workplace is!"

Yet no one can explain what this means.

Can anyone here help?

I don't care if we're diverse or not diverse. I know it somehow makes me the racist but I don't look at a group of people and take note of their skin color or religion and then make a determination of good/bad based on the said racial/religious makeup of said group of people.

Blog Entries

Carlson has been anti-immigration for years, it's kind of his thing. It's a dogwhistle about keeping America white.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Carlson has been anti-illegal-immigration for years, it's kind of his thing. It's a dogwhistle about keeping America white.
    I haven't watched him much on TV.. but I'm certain I FTFY
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Tucker Carlson is apparently in hot water because he asked how diversity is our strength. Rather than someone just explaining to him how diversity is our strength they are instead asking his advertisers to drop him.

Can someone just explain what this even means without accusing me of being a white supremacist Nazi? I see this sort of thing everywhere, or that people are "celebrating our diversity."

I even know people who say shit like "I'm so proud of my company for hiring so many minorities! I love how diverse the workplace is!"

Can anyone here help?

I don't care if we're diverse or not diverse. I know it somehow makes me the racist but I don't look at a group of people and take note of their skin color or religion and then make a determination of good/bad based on the said racial/religious makeup of said group of people.
    Racist.

Everyone knows you should first judge people on their skin color and then worry about their qualifications.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Racist.

Everyone knows you should first judge people on their skin color and then worry about their qualifications.
    If I ever found myself working at one of these companies I'd make up fake Holidays in Mexico (that are probably real) just for paid vacation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I haven't watched him much on TV.. but I'm certain I FTFY
    Nah. I watch his show sometimes because my dad is always asking me questions about it. It's constant culture war, 'Hispanics are taking over' stuff, almost never phrased as a criticism of illegal immigration.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

7. Default

Can anyone here help?

To preface, I have no idea in what context "diversity is our strength" has been used in the past, and to be perfectly frank, I don't have any idea who Tucker Carlson is, so I'm just going to go by the quote itself.

"Diversity is our strength" draws a contrasting picture to cultures wherein diversity was or is outlawed. Diversity allows us as Americans and America to choose the best person for any given job and let the cream rise to the top in the truest capitalistic sense, without first mashing everyone through a filter of whether or not they are correctly conformed to what we as society deem to be the acceptable race, religion, national origin, et cetera.

With diversity as a baseline, everyone is acceptable and the best and brightest are able to flourish regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, military service, or disability.

Diversity is our strength because Capitalism demands that the best person suited to the job is permitted to prosper, because in that, we all prosper to a greater extent.

Finally, Diversity is an old old wooden ship that defeated the British by itself in the war for independence, and without it, Napoleon Bonaparte would own all of America right now.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 09-10-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Diversity allows us as Americans and America to choose the best person for any given job and let the cream rise to the top in the truest capitalistic sense
    Diversity of thought, skills, etc can indeed be a strength. No doubt about it.

But when people say "diversity is our strength" they are mostly referring to racial diversity although things such as religion, gender/gender nonconforming, sexual orientation are also mixed in sometimes.

9. Default

Diversity of thought, skills, etc can indeed be a strength. No doubt about it.

But when people say "diversity is our strength" they are mostly referring to racial diversity although things such as religion, gender/gender nonconforming, sexual orientation are also mixed in sometimes.
    Fuck it. I don't care if you identify as a Muslim lesbian attack helicopter who was born in Kenya. If you can make me richer or the country better, preferably both, more power to you.

Diversity as a baseline. That's how I see it. Who cares what you are, where you're from, what color your skin is. If you're good for America, you're good for America. Not all other countries even in modern day have that benefit. What if Russia has someone who could make the next iPhone and make a quadrillion dollars, but they never get that chance because they're a homosexual? Russia is poorer for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    To preface, I have no idea what I'm talking about and I am a moron who pretends to be other people on Discord and the PC.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH INFINITY+1
    Duh, we know this already. No need to preface.