Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: 1206 Telekinesis released

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Thus describing the exact scenario in which I find the spell useful, as you'll see from my previous posts. Finishing off critters with 3 seconds of soft RT instead of 5-10 seconds of hard RT. I'd be surprised if it saved me more than 30 seconds per hunt, but when my biggest problem is that I'm taking extra time to kill the 30-35% of the things that don't die instantly, that 30 seconds is useful to me. Sanctum is one place it might be useful, OTF another. I'm not sure about Nelemar as I've never hunted there, but it's a spell with at least one marginal use to me, which is an infinity percent increase in usefulness from what it was before.
    How much RT does it take to spend 500/2000 though?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    How much RT does it take to spend 500/2000 though?
    Considering that what I was currently finishing up was maxing out Two weapon combat for an additional useless 11 DS and then my next goal was picking pockets, I could think of worse things to spend it on.

from looking at your own sales thread....

trading to 40+
    harness power
    telep or transformation lore
    MnM to 36+
    MnS to 40
    survival
    first aid
    smc / mmc to 25+
    moc to 190
    blessing lore
    pick pocket
    disarm

like...i'm not even remotely stretching here and you had like at least 10-15m exp of other things to train in before spell aim is even close to worth it. (and it would never be worth it)
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    from looking at your own sales thread....

trading to 40+
    harness power
    telep or transformation lore
    MnM to 36+
    MnS to 40
    survival
    first aid
    smc / mmc to 25+
    moc to 190
    blessing lore
    pick pocket
    disarm

like...i'm not even remotely stretching here and you had like at least 10-15m exp of other things to train in before spell aim is even close to worth it. (and it would never be worth it)
    Yeah, I know how monks work. I literally wrote the book on them, remember? I made all the choices I made for very specific reasons, and after getting back up to 48 MnM (I forgot I had fixskilled back down, and even that's more out of OCD than need), I'd have put a premium on improving my hunt time with maxing out MoC and spell aiming. Faster hunts means faster exp means faster TPs for all the other stuff I find less useful, such as 90% of the things on that list, based on how I hunt.

Edit to add:

I'm not saying you have to use it, or even find it useful. What I've said is I found a use for it and find it useful. You're welcome to keep not having a use for it and you're also welcome to not use it. It changes exactly nothing about how you play your Monk, because it's not like there was a spell there previously that you had a use for. I'm perfectly okay with that.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 09-12-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Yeah, I know how monks work. I literally wrote the book on them, remember? I made all the choices I made for very specific reasons, and after getting back up to 48 MnM (I forgot I had fixskilled back down, and even that's more out of OCD than need), I'd have put a premium on improving my hunt time with maxing out MoC and spell aiming. Faster hunts means faster exp means faster TPs for all the other stuff I find less useful, such as 90% of the things on that list, based on how I hunt.
    You wrote a book, not the book. That's your problem, you never acknowledge when you're wrong. You often are.

You're making the case for spending several thousand TPs so you can....

MAYBE kill SOME things SOME of the time 2 seconds faster that you couldn't already 1210 for the same effect. Like....ok dude. Go on with your bad self.
    Last edited by Donquix; 09-12-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

6. Default

I will complain about a lot of things, but non-simucoin development is never ever going to be one of them ever again. More and more dev time over the years has gone into microtransactions.

I don't even care so much that it's a Monk spell that was implemented. If they implemented an RP flavor spell for wizards where all it did was let you emote that you cup your hand ever so gently beneath your butthole and take a big creamy shit into it, I would call it a better use of time than Rings of Lumnis or the fucking dollhouse.
    1206 being an x/day item at a future DR or EG or whatever is the most plausible theory at this point. The GMs REALLY need to explain their thought process on creating 1206 the way it is. Even if you want to argue it can be used post-cap, it does nothing to help a monk who learns it level 10. You shouldn't have to wait 90 levels and a year's worth of time to use a spell effectively.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

7. Default

Must have been a pretty shitty book because I've never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    More of a guide, really.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    That's likely because you, along with 95% of the other people bitching about the implementation of a spell that has zero effect on you, do not play monks.

That's likely because you, along with 95% of the other people bitching about the implementation of a spell that has zero effect on you, do not play monks.
    Why would they? Monks suck.